Home

It's Time for a New Next-Gen Football Franchise

This is a discussion on It's Time for a New Next-Gen Football Franchise within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #17
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
HOPEFULLY 2K WILL MAKE A FOOTBALL GAME THIS YEAR!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
What a horribly useless post. Asking EA to do anything is like telling the Great Wall of China to move. Do any of us honestly think that "somebody important at EA" reads this and, more importantly, cares? Considering the number of marketing goobs who sit in on gameplay meetings for Madden and dictate how the game should play, it seems HIGHLY unlikely that anything will change in the near future. When will you EVER get it into your heads? EA DOESN'T CARE. As long as they sell games, which we continue to buy, they're not going to change. If it's sellin' 2 million copies a year, don't fix it.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: It's Time for a New Next-Gen Football Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
Honestly, AFL is a great idea, but I think making a HIGH school football team would be a blast. You'd definitely have to give up the sleak AFL/NFL style for a more gritty experience, but creating fictional high school teams in real states would be great. Think of the heavy emphasis on rivalries, and state tournaments, while always vying to somehow be considered the top team in the nation.

It would also benefit from player changeover, which is one of the things that keeps NCAA somewhat fresh to me.
Sure, if you yourself are a high schooler. What about us "old timers"? Wouldn't interest me at all.

I do like the idea of an APF-type game, which could be modded by users to mimick the NFL. As long as nobody sells the modded game, there'd be no copyright infringement.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #20
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
"I’m calling for a next-generation football title, with a full amount of resources, substantial effort, and attention to detail. "

It's just a statement article asking for something fresh and new and not half-assed. I took AFL as an example from EA, it could be any league you want it to be by any developer.

- Steve

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »