Home

My Intro and Announcing OS Arena

This is a discussion on My Intro and Announcing OS Arena within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
Host

bronco92's Arena

OVR: 44
My Intro and Announcing OS Arena

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and talk to you about some exciting new features we'll be adding to OS in the coming days.

Firstly, my introduction. Many of you will be familiar with my username (bronco92) from my work in the Forums. Some of you may even know my background and how I came to join Steve and the rest of the team here at OS. For those of you who don't, here is some quick background information.

Back in late '97, When I was 15 (I'm 26 now), I started a fan site based on the FIFA 98 PC game. The website gained popularity and grew into what is now SoccerGaming.com. I built up some strong connections at EA and eventually accepted a job at EA Canada. My wife and I were relocated in 2004 and for the next 4 years I was a Producer at EA working on a variety of soccer titles from FIFA to the more recently released Euro 2008 games. I left EA a few months back to concentrate on my internet endeavours with OS being one of the main priorities.

I have literally visited OS everyday (well everyday I've had access to a PC) since its launch in 1998. I first got to know Steve when he would post my soccer games news from time to time. Sometime in 2004 Steve accepted a hosting offer from Soccer Gaming. From there our friendship grew and in late 2007 we decided to take the next step and redesign OS into the site you see before you today.

From time to time you'll see me posting some news, but I'll continue to remain removed from the editorial side of things. I'll mostly be working behind the scenes on the business-related stuff.

Myself, Steve, Chris, Bly, Chase and the rest of the OS team have some big plans for OS. One of these big plans is just a matter of days away from launching.

Announcing OS Arena...

Known as "OS Arena" this new feature will give every OS member their own OS homepage (operationsports.com/username/). Fully integrated into the rest of OS, this space will be yours to manage, moderate and do whatever you want with. Maybe you'll use it as a blog to keep people updated with your dynasty, maybe you'll use it to share your EA and 2K highlight videos... its up to you. Some of the initial features that will be made available to you at launch are:
  • your own unique address at operationsports.com/username/
  • your own unique customizable trading card
  • stats tracking and your own Overall Rating
  • your own blog
  • friends lists
  • video albums for all of your videos from EA Sports World, 2K Sports Community, Youtube etc.
  • screenshot albums
  • comments and messages on your chalkboard
  • customizable backgrounds allowing you to give your Arena its own unique style
OS as you know it today will continue to operate as is, this is just a new addition to everything you see before you now.

This is just the beginning for OS Arena as we'll be adding new features in the coming months that will expand and change the way you play your favorite sports video games.

Keep checking back over the coming days for behind the scenes screenshots and a release date for OS Arena.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Go back in your closet.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Host

bronco92's Arena

Chase, you don't get an arena.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: My Intro and Announcing OS Arena

Sounds interesting....sort of like a facebook/myspace type thing. I've seen it on other forums but mostly forums overrun by spammers and immature kids. This should be better.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
Host

bronco92's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Sounds interesting....sort of like a facebook/myspace type thing. I've seen it on other forums but mostly forums overrun by spammers and immature kids. This should be better.
Yeah, I know what you mean. To avoid this we're giving everyone complete mod rights to their own page. So if someone decides to spam you, you can delete their comments and report that person to have them banned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

This actually sounds pretty cool. It obviously remains to be seen if people will use it, but it a good idea.

Question: Will the page be linked to my username. So if someone reads a post I made in the forum can they click my name and get to my page?
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 10-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I like the idea.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
Host

bronco92's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
This actually sounds pretty cool. It obviously remains to be seen if people will use it, but it a good idea.

Question: Will the page be linked to my username. So if someone reads a post I made in the forum can they click my name and get to my page?
Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »