Home

Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part I)

This is a discussion on Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part I) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_igloo
TSB Detroit Lions... Really? Hardly in my opinion! I am expecting the TSB (SNES) Bills or the TSB (NES) Niners to be #1
The Lions weren't always 0-16. Barry Sanders, who was unstoppable in TSB, and Herman Moore at WR, this team was tough. They were a favorite along with the Oilers....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
The Lions weren't always 0-16. Barry Sanders, who was unstoppable in TSB, and Herman Moore at WR, this team was tough. They were a favorite along with the Oilers....
You misunderstood me ;-) The TSB Lions are alright but not top 25 material in my opinion. Those Oilers on the other hand though... Amazing offense!

Last edited by Mr_igloo; 01-23-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #43
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

NCAA Football '06 - USC Trojans.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #44
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
I forgot all about Hafner games. Good article Christian

thanks
Old 01-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Just an FYI.....

That Cleveland Indians team in Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (SNES) did not have either Dave Justice or Richie Sexson. They did, however, have Albert Belle and Carlos Baerga, who were both pretty beastly in the game (and real life at that time).

Last edited by SportsorDeath; 01-23-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #46
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsorDeath
Just an FYI.....

That Cleveland Indians team in Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (SNES) did not have either Dave Justice or Richie Sexson. They did, however, have Albert Belle and Carlos Baerga, who were both pretty beastly in the game (and real life at that time).
It was the N64 version of the game that came out in May of 1998, and included the 98 Indians roster.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/team...p?y=1998&t=CLE
Old 01-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 46
i think vikings nfl 2k should be higher. There was no way to stop moss
Old 01-24-2009, 12:47 AM   #48
Rookie

Coach Rob A's Arena

OVR: 3
The two teams that come to mind for me that will probably not be on this list are the Houston Rockets from NBA Live '95 and the all star team, featuring a player named "Air Allnite" from David Robinson's Supreme Court.

The Rockets team from NBA Live had starters Vernon Maxwell, Kenny 'The Jet' Smith and Robert Horry draining 3's and a front court that dominated on both ends in the paint in the form of Otis Thorpe and Hakeem Olajuwon. If that line-up got tired of blowing you out they'd sub-in the likes of Mario Elie, Sam Cassell and (inexplicably) Matt Bullard who would continue to the scoring barrage. If the game could have included Cassell's ‘Testicle Dance’ into the game I would have angrily rammed my SNES through a wall.

In David Robinson's terrible game there were no preset teams every game would start with a fantasy draft where one could choose from of all of the players in the game. If you played against a friend the winner would be determined by who was randomly selected to pick their player first because that person would always take a blonde, unassuming guard named Air Allnite who MURDERED EVERYONE. He made at least 95% of any shot he took once he crossed the half-court line. There was little difference between the 2nd best player and the worst player in that game, but the difference between Allnite and the No. 2 guy was immeasurable...actually it wasn't, it was usually measured by a final score of 150 - 65. Curse you David Robinson for introducing that pixilated man into my life and subsequently, my nightmares.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »