Home

Fact or Fiction: It's a New Year Edition

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: It's a New Year Edition within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Fact or Fiction: It's a New Year Edition

By our last count, we are almost one month through 2009 and we are ashamed to admit we have yet to do a 2009 fact or fiction here at OS. So with a ton of topics to cover, we tried to take the hottest ones and put them together in a coherent fashion for a fact or fiction.

Check it out and then give your own responses!

Read More - Fact or Fiction: It's a New Year Edition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Pro

cake612's Arena

OVR: 9
Almost agree with everything you guys thinks, I hope Skate 2 is a huge hit, I picked it up yesterday and it's awesome but I don't think it will ever sell huge numbers but just good enough to warrant another sequel.
Those 3 games are definitely my top candidates as well but I have really high hopes for Fight Night 4 and I think it will be right up there with the Show, NHL and NBA 2K. I want UFC to be good but I think that will end up as a solid gameplay but terrible depth/single player mode type of game.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Trini G1aDiaToR's Arena

OVR: 5
I think y'all are overlooking Pro Evolution Soccer for the Wii. I know the Wii gets no respect around OS, but last year's game was a pretty amazing re-invention of the team sports control scheme. And this year has the potential to take things a whole 'notha level!

For real though, the control options on the Wii versions of Pro Evo and Madden have begun to change the way we control sports games and the lack of HD graphics shouldn't exclude either from consideration.

Last year's Pro Evo was as revolutionary from a control standpoint as Skate was when it first dropped. And Madden's Call your Shot feature (or whatever it's called) has the potential to go above and beyond any of the create-a-play dreams sports gamers have.

These games really deserve some props!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 46
I think people don't buy skateboarding games enought to make this game as popular as it should be. 2k9 will improve, but not by a lot, 2k10 will be a huge leap I think. The game of the year will be NBA Live 2010. Controls depend on the game. switching turbo from A to R was one of the smartest things they've ever done for 360 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »