Home

Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part III)

This is a discussion on Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part III) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
Pro

techhokies's Arena

OVR: 12
Great call on the Bronco's team from gameday. People never mention them, but TD was just such a beast in that game. And he wasn't so dominant in just one category where it felt like cheating, as he didn't have the speed of Vick or breaking tackle abiltiy of Bo Jackson. But just that he was above avg. in about every category, and especially compared to the defenses.

He wasn't the fastest guy in the game, so it didn't look fake even comared to other teams in the game, but was faster that just about any defender. There were only a few CB's who could catch up to him w/ a decent angle, but for them he had the great stiff arm.

Sorta reminds me of Lebron's offense right now, he's not the greatest at any one thing, maybe dunking but you can definately throw kobe and T-mac with a healthy back into the discussion. But he's just a level underneath the best in almost every category; right below paul and williams in passing, right below Wade or AI in driving, etc... that he's impossible to stop but doesn't make it look unfair like Wilt used to. Not that I'm putting him on the same level as wilt or jordan or anything, just trying to use him as reference.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Most inept team in video game history. . . New England Patriots Tecmo Super Bowl Team. The 1-15 Patriots were well represented by the lollipop throwing Steve Grogan. A true challenge was winning the Super Bowl with the Patriots
Old 02-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6
still say for each of the major sports..

braves (ken griffey jr. mlb on SNES)
Blackhawks NHL '94
Cleveland Cavs (NBA Jam...yes, just hit 3's with Mark Price ALL DAY)
Broncos (Madden 64)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
The Chicago Blackhawks were also pretty deadly on NHLPA 93 and NHL 94, as anyone who's ever seen Swingers can attest to. Roenick, Larmer, Chelios and a brick wall in Belfour between the pipes.
Should have been a top 5er....ask JR he even knows how dominat he was in those sega genisis beauties!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7
49ers in Tecmo Super Bowl

They should be in the Top 10 and it's a complete snub that they were left out of the top 25. I had 3 Tecmo Super Bowl Seasonal tournaments when I was in grade school (took us a month to complete each season with 8 total owners). In the first two the guy who took the 49ers won the Super Bowl (different owners in each season). In the third we declared the 49ers the "49er Cheat Team" and no one was allowed to play as them.

Rice and Taylor could be triple covered and still make the catch in stride and walk right past your DB's. If you wanted to change things up, run it with Craig or throw it to him out of the backfield. Plus you had Ronnie Lott patrolling the middle of the field which made throwing deep on the 49ers almost impossible. And lets not forget Montana was the one throwing it to Rice/Taylor/Craig.

On my list the 49ers are the #1 most dominant team in video game sports history.

Other than that, good list.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I'm suprised the American Dreams from Baseball Star's did not make the list.

Pete, Babe, Hank, Sandy, Cy, Willie, etc.
The American Dreams were a bitch to beat. It took me awhile to build my team's attributes enough to compete and finally beat them.

Most of the teams on this list are good but only from a human vs. human standpoint (except a few listed). But talking strictly A.I., the American Dreams were a challenge and when I lost I never felt it was due to computer cheating.

There was a huge sense of achievement after beating this team. I remember sweating because I got so pumped.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 28
I cannot, for the life of me, understand how the 85 Bears from Madden 93 didn't make this list. If Madden's 85 Bears could have played the LA Raiders from Tecmo, the Bears would have killed them.

This was one team that was banned in Madden tournaments. The speed and power was outrageous, although the real 85 Bears played video game defense. If this isn't the most dominate video game team then I have no clue what is....And that includes the Tecmo Raiders...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I cannot, for the life of me, understand how the 85 Bears from Madden 93 didn't make this list. If Madden's 85 Bears could have played the LA Raiders from Tecmo, the Bears would have killed them.

This was one team that was banned in Madden tournaments. The speed and power was outrageous, although the real 85 Bears played video game defense. If this isn't the most dominate video game team then I have no clue what is....And that includes the Tecmo Raiders...
Guys, I am LOVING your suggestions. Keep up the good work- this is why I wrote this article-to inspire some shout outs to teams you support.

The reason I didn't take the Niners in Super Tecmo Bowl was because I never found them too tough to beat. Whenever we'd play the guy who took the Niners always played someone who took the Raiders, so the Raiders always won.

That American Dreams team was a problem.

Also- the reason I left the NHLPA Blackhawks off the list was because they were pretty over rated. Roenick, Chelios, and Eddy the Eagle were tough, but I don't think they were even a top 5 team in that game. The Pens, Wings, Rangers, Bruins, and Canadians were all better than the Hawks imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »