Home

Out of Bounds: The Sad College Basketball Void

This is a discussion on Out of Bounds: The Sad College Basketball Void within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerzIgnite
I see where you are at but the comparisons to Lacrosse and MMA and rubgy are a bit misleading. Those 3 sports, although their fan bases are smaller, are all ridiculously passionate. Theyre all like hockey fans in the sense there almost arent casual fans of those sports...just hardcore fans and non fans. Almost no middle ground. Basically, id be willing to a bet a higher percentage of lacrosse fans would buy a lacrosse game vs. basketball and football. In the end, that could be a nice figure. Just a gut feeling.

College basketball is almost entirely casual fans (or current students who just like going to games when football isnt going on) in my opinion. Most people will only watch in March...and i doubt regular season games are pulling huge tv numbers. Maybe some big matchups, but with 68 teams in the tourney...regular season isnt that exciting.

I consider myself a college bball fan, but i will still only watch a handful games of my own team and maybe 3 big regular season games. And even with those im probably half-watching while doing something else.
Normally, I would somewhat agree with you but when you have a franchise as good as 2k's College Hoops franchise it will eventually trandscend the limitations of the casual gamer as it relates to sales. A great example of this is EA's NHL & FIFA franchises. Many people that have do not have an affinity for these sports but still play these games and it's because they are phenomenal games and great to play, it's not necessarily about the sport. CH2k8 was a great game that was still building its fanbase and to be completely honest, the gameplay was good but not great, it was the unparalled depth of the game that kept people intrigued. I NEED ANOTHER ONE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 18
I still break out my CHoops franchise from time to time. I love that game. I really wish 2k had the resources to take a loss and make this game.

J/K, but I'm do wish it was profitable for them to make it. Greatest b-ball game of all-time to me(before NBA 2k11).
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #43
Mid-Range Mamba

iceberg760's Arena

OVR: 7
GREAT read.....yes, as you all do/i wish there was an updated version...this game was a gift when it was first released and this is still one of the BEST titles that i've evep played~~taking IU into the blue devil stadium and hearing the Cameron Crazies getting louder & louder UNTIL i get hot....yep, College BBall leaves a BIG VOID!!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »