Home

Sports Games of the Decade: Football Game of the Decade

This is a discussion on Sports Games of the Decade: Football Game of the Decade within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
I played the hell out of NCAA 2011 this weekend....I am now convinced this is my favorite football game of all time. With the right slider set on All-American this game is money in the bank. The dynasty mode is fantastic. Presentation solid. Game play outstanding.

My all time ranks (top 5)

1) NCAA 2011
2) NFL 2K5
3) Madden 2005/2007
4) Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)
5) Madden 2011
Old 12-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 11
consider that this game..... was a $60 game at $20... with very little flaws... added cribs, ESPN personalities, game play was top notch... I use to play all 3 footballers but stopped when I realized how fantastic a game could actually be.... and what the other 2 was missing, it wasn't until this year that actually caved in an purchased NCAA 2011, but that even with it's nice presentation visuals doesn't compare to the level of presentation that was put into NFL 2K5..... My favorite times in NFL 2k5 are not even on the field (even though it is fun) it's actually when Mel Kipper starts talking about the draft class or Trey Wingo talks about what he talks about.... and the announcing team still has not been touched a football game... I guess you really cant teach that
Old 12-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #35
Rookie

My first venture with NFL2k5 was like when Neo stepped outside of the Matrix for the first time, It's like I finally saw what my footbal video game world for what it really was. I remember talking to friends about this NfL2k5 game that was about to be released, asking if it is possible that anybody could make a football game that could rival or even top Madden, and the conversation fell on deaf ears. I'm glad I decided to take a chance on it, and I still tell people it's the best $20 I've ever spent because even till this day 6 1/2 years later I still play this game.

I've tried to go back to Madden NFL on numerous occasions, but I can't because I just can't make excuses for Madden's gameplay elements and the lack of real improvement in pushing the series forward. 2K5 was packed to the gills with so much content, and had so much promise that hadn't been fulfilled ( the Online leagues were awesome, each with their own real time functioning website, so your basically had it's own espnnfl.com, but alot of leagues would never make it past the first season withouth folding) that even after all this time playing I still feel like I haven't gotten everything out of his game that it has to offer. I guess indirectly because of the exclusive licesnse killing the series, it also did one thing for me that I wish other games would do, and that is allow me to take my career statistcs with me in each new incarnation. Because i"m still playing the same game, but downloading new rosters every year, my stats don't go anywhere, and I get to stay current.

I sure hope they open the doors for another football game by visual concepts/ 2k sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 1
I hate how current gen NCAA games don't have FCS teams.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #37
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
consider that this game..... was a $60 game at $20... with very little flaws... added cribs, ESPN personalities, game play was top notch... I use to play all 3 footballers but stopped when I realized how fantastic a game could actually be.... and what the other 2 was missing, it wasn't until this year that actually caved in an purchased NCAA 2011, but that even with it's nice presentation visuals doesn't compare to the level of presentation that was put into NFL 2K5..... My favorite times in NFL 2k5 are not even on the field (even though it is fun) it's actually when Mel Kipper starts talking about the draft class or Trey Wingo talks about what he talks about.... and the announcing team still has not been touched a football game... I guess you really cant teach that
I don't think ps2 and xbox games cost $60 back then.

Sent from space using Tapatalk
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-07-2010, 02:10 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hell Yeah. NCAA 2004 is the best college football game. Still play it. I have trouble getting my players from I AA schools to get drafted into Madden.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #39
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
when 2k5 came out I tried it for $20 and hated it. traded it back in for Madden played the crap out of that and came back to 2k5 last year. wow I was stupid. I must not have been ready back then.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #40
Banned

Re: Sports Games of the Decade: Football Game of the Decade

Definitely ESPN NFL 2K5. One of the deepest franchise modes I've ever played and if the graphics were improved to fit 2010's standards, this game would be absolutely insane.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »