Home

Top 10 Sports Gaming Controllers of All Time

This is a discussion on Top 10 Sports Gaming Controllers of All Time within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Playstation controllers have always had terrible joysticks and shoulder buttons and still do to this day.

The 360 controller is great as long as you don't have to use the awful d-pad. I would rate it #3 overall.

The Genesis controller was always inferior to the SNES pad because of its lack of shoulder buttons. SNES controller is pretty much perfect for 16-bit games and my #2 choice.

I would go with the Dreamcast pad as my all-time favorite. Great analog joystick and shoulder buttons. Plus you had a number of games taking advantage of the VMU screen.

NFL Blitz 2001, NFL 2K, NBA 2K, NBA Showtime, NHL 2K2

All those games controlled amazingly on the Dreamcast.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Let me say that I've had all the systems (currently with Ps3 right now) and I agree with nintendo being number 1. Thats where it all started with the graphics. 16 bit baby. From that time (if you were born in the 80's) video games started to get interesteing. From Mario to Golden Cartrard Zelda, it was hands in the air after that. Everything "must have" to be played. The way I look at it, the Ps3, Xbox 360, Ps2, Ps1, Xbox, Dreamcast, sega genesis, sega satarn, gameboy, and all that protains to all the systems out that (expected for the Atari) they wouldn't be nothing or thought of. Remember, I had every system that has ever been made in the U.S.(Even the Turbo 360)
Old 12-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46
Atari 5200 controller was the best. NOT!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #12
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
I personally couldn't stand the N64 controller, and I'm glad the Gamecube controller is no where on this list. To me, those two were by far the worst controllers ever made for ANY genre of video gaming LOL. My personal favorites are the Dual Shock and Xbox 360 controllers. The 6 button Genesis controller was the one I preferred over the standard controller.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #13
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Glad to see one of my favorite controllers of all time (N64) make the list.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keython-2
Let me say that I've had all the systems (currently with Ps3 right now) and I agree with nintendo being number 1. Thats where it all started with the graphics. 16 bit baby. From that time (if you were born in the 80's) video games started to get interesteing. From Mario to Golden Cartrard Zelda, it was hands in the air after that. Everything "must have" to be played. The way I look at it, the Ps3, Xbox 360, Ps2, Ps1, Xbox, Dreamcast, sega genesis, sega satarn, gameboy, and all that protains to all the systems out that (expected for the Atari) they wouldn't be nothing or thought of. Remember, I had every system that has ever been made in the U.S.(Even the Turbo 360)
The NES was 8-bit, not 16. Just wanted to point that out.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Replace the N64 controller with the Superpad 64 and you have a decent list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 16
Wow. The PS2 stick is the only stick on this list where your thumb doesn't naturally fit onto the controller.

It's design is horrible.

I remember using the thumb pad instead of the Analog most of the time. I have a PS3 now. I actually resisted buying one because I hate the stick so much. I finally got one when I found a 360 style stick for the PS3. Now my thumb lays it in it's natural position. Before I found this stick I was about to pay over $200 for a customized PS3 guts in a 360 casing. I take my gaming seriously.

In my opinion it shouldn't even be on this list.

It's definitely the worst and most uncomfortable.

The NES stick may bring back good memories but that doesn't mean it was great.

The N64 stick was better than both of those other Nintendo sticks. Bond anyone.

Out of the early systems that did not have analog control I'll take the Saturn.

I really can't choose between the Dreamcast and the 360.

They are 1 and 1a in my book.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »