Home

Top 10 Sports Gaming Controllers of All Time

This is a discussion on Top 10 Sports Gaming Controllers of All Time within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #17
Banned

ut_jazz's Arena

OVR: 8
Wow a list I pretty much agree 100%. The dreamcast worked incredibly with sports games. But it's size made it uncomfortable after a while. The xbox 360 controller was similar to dreamcast except they made it obviously not such a pain to hold. But the NES for it's time has to be no.1 since it's classic.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #18
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Playstation controllers have always had terrible joysticks and shoulder buttons and still do to this day.

The 360 controller is great as long as you don't have to use the awful d-pad. I would rate it #3 overall.

The Genesis controller was always inferior to the SNES pad because of its lack of shoulder buttons. SNES controller is pretty much perfect for 16-bit games and my #2 choice.

I would go with the Dreamcast pad as my all-time favorite. Great analog joystick and shoulder buttons. Plus you had a number of games taking advantage of the VMU screen.

NFL Blitz 2001, NFL 2K, NBA 2K, NBA Showtime, NHL 2K2

All those games controlled amazingly on the Dreamcast.
You seen the new 360 d-pad? It's actually finally somewhat legit.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #19
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Top 10 Sports Gaming Controllers of All Time

I really hate how people always throw the NES system as the best

Best Controller: NES

Best System: NES

Best Game: NES

Its is such a copout for not trying to offend anyone by picking between Microsoft, Sega, or Sony. The NES Controller was great, so was the Model T though. Picking a relevant controller is the right thing to do because it is truly the best way to do it. Think about this: Think of all the NES Sports games and think about how many were actually any good. 90% of the games on that system were complete crap but for some reason we have to think it is automatically the best.

This Question is posed for the Author: What makes the NES Controller better than the Sega Genesis Controller? the Sega Controller had a extra button and actually fit on the contours of your hand...
Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah, this was my choice for the Atari 2600: The Epyx 500XJ (Ahhh, memories!)

http://www.cedmagic.com/tech-info/remote-control/epyx-500xj-joystick.html
Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #21
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
i hated the n64 controller. HATED IT. it just didn't work for me. the placement of the buttons were strange and i never got used to it. i would actually prefer the original controller from the original XBOX to the N64 controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 11
DREAMCAST!!!!! was the first system I owned for myself (shared the others with brothers) and playing NFL 2K on that controller was like putting my hands in a glove... the controller was and still is wonderful.... the VMU should have put that controller over the top.... SEGA!!!!!!!!!!! sad that they left the sports arena but what they left with the controller is pure..... perfection
Old 12-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #23
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
The first sony dual shock controller was like heaven to me. I think its way better than the 360 controller. The xbox controller is the equivalent of playing baby in your hands. Its so huge..
Old 12-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 29
Being a PS3 owner and previous360 owner Im going to say Gamecube haha Cant explain it, it just felt great, tight grip, sweat didnt bother me while using it.

HOWEVER, the dualshock is great because its small that buttons are simple to find, and its sooo light
360's is great for two reasons the left analog stick and the bump buttons. yet it runs on batteries thats dumb

PUT IT TOGETHER!

A dualshocks weight face and face buttons usb powered, with 360's trigger and bump buttons and left analog Psitions
add a smaller LCD screen like dream cast, and its over, you CANNOT beat that in anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »