Home

OS Roundtable: Holiday Diamonds in the Rough

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Holiday Diamonds in the Rough within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Nfl Head coach is the greatest football game I ever played. Bar none, I still play it here and there. There's no better feeling than getting all the best players in the draft AT THE RIGHT TIME. There's no better installment of extremely important aspects of sports. The key here is PLAY KNOWLEDGE. Sure, you can pick up a rb in fa and tell him to hit a hole, you can get a dt to clog the middle or add pressure. But you better hope they're smart enough to absorb the playbook if you want a cb or qb or wr even to play well. And theres no interruption to the simulation aspect of the game. In madden, you can win every game EASILY. If you see what they're doing on defense and audible, or call money plays. You can steal wins as a garbage team. In this game though, you better have a gameplan. Some things could have been implemented better but you learn to deal with them. almost forgot to mention, GAMEBREAKERS like your star running back cutting his hand, or your star wr ditching practice for a wedding in mexico. Players coming together to hold a study session improving their play knowledge and ability to learn the playbook. I mean I could go on and on. I'll stop with the 4 different 12 year long draft classes. Players created to specifically remind you of some of the best ever. Great names and back stories for future stars. It was amazing, Im gonna go play it now instead of madden 12.....
Old 11-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
I'm having trouble finding a copy of CH 2K8 where I live, but the other games mentioned are easy to find (APF 2K8 and HC '09)
Old 11-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #19
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I'm having trouble finding a copy of CH 2K8 where I live, but the other games mentioned are easy to find (APF 2K8 and HC '09)
Same with me. I scooped up APF 2k8 for $3 though!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #20
Rookie

Joho16's Arena

OVR: 1
There are some good used copies out there. I picked up NFL Head Coach for under $5.00. They had All Pro Football 2K8 for $2.99 but when I brought it to the counter they could not find it. Got to love Gamestop.

Maybe a lot of people read this article....lol
Old 11-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0
Picked up both APF2K8 and CH2K8 from Gamestop, $2.99 and $5.99 respectively. Both good additions imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #22
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Good to see APF getting some love from OS... 4+ years later. :*(
Old 11-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #23
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Probably going to try out APF never played that.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #24
dsk
Rookie

OVR: 2
Winning Eleven 9. Still one to the best soccer games ever made imo. It's an xbox original but is backwards compatible. Graphics show their age, but the gameplay is amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »