Home

OS Roundtable: Holiday Diamonds in the Rough

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Holiday Diamonds in the Rough within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 11-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: Holiday Diamonds in the Rough

We're quickly approaching the Christmas shopping season, and we know what sports games you should be purchasing. But there are a lot of diamonds in the rough, perhaps for quite the bargain. What little known game would you recommend to a sports gamer who wants a great game at an even greater price?

Read More - OS Roundtable: Holiday Diamonds in the Rough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
These are all good recommendations. I've been thinking about buying Head Coach 09 on PSN; with the download, it eliminates the framerate issues the disc version had. Like Matthew said, this is what Madden's franchise mode should resemble.

College Hoops 2K8 is a game that I have to re-buy for my 360, since my old copy won't work anymore. All-Pro 2K8 is also a great suggestion; offline is limited a little but it's fun putting different combinations of teams together and trying to win with new lineups.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Yea College Hoops 2K8 is one of the best sports games of all time. and probably THE best college B-ball game of all time.
ugh- why can't they make a new one.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: OS Roundtable: Holiday Diamonds in the Rough

Two other games worth mentioning:

NHL Hitz 20-03
NHL Hitz Pro

Both are backwards compatible with the Xbox 360, though a glitch in the Xbox 360 emulation prevents you from saving in franchise mode of Hitz 20-03.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14
choops 2k8 for less than 2$ at gamestop last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Two other games worth mentioning:

NHL Hitz 20-03
NHL Hitz Pro

Both are backwards compatible with the Xbox 360, though a glitch in the Xbox 360 emulation prevents you from saving in franchise mode of Hitz 20-03.
Had some serious fun playing Hitz with friends in college. Loved CH2K8 until I lost my game save 8 seasons deep. Really like some things with HC09. I got the Madden w/ it and sold Madden to my friend just to get HC. I just had to restart to many times so never got very far into the game. APF is great too but I miss the management aspects.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
My budget favorites:

1. MVP Baseball 05 for the Original Xbox (although MVP04 is compatible with XBox360). If you have component video connection for your Xbox the game looks great as it is in 720p.

2. MVP NCAA Baseball 07 for PS2 (most natural gameplay of any baseball game with the analog ("rock and fire") stick for pitching and hitting). Too bad the graphics on the PS2 are weak.

3. NHL2K5 for Xbox (compatible with XBox360). I love the simplicity of this game.

4. FIFA09 for Wii (may be the best sports game I have ever played on the Wii).
Old 11-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
nhl 2k7 is pretty solid as well on regular xbox. I would also recomend Showdown Legends of Wrestling for xbox (is compatable for 3600

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »