Home

68-Game Field Announced for the Greatest Sports Game Ever Tournament

This is a discussion on 68-Game Field Announced for the Greatest Sports Game Ever Tournament within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
The list of basketball games is a joke. No 2k8. The best basketball game they ever released. The best dribbling system ever in a basketball game. The last time online actually worked and you could get a game instantly. The last time the game actually moved in real time. The last year they had a message board for the lobby that madden copied. Yet 2k12 and 2k11 which both have animation issues is listed.

Have at it.
Well I agree that NBA 2K8 was a favorite of mines. They actually went and complicated a lot of things a little much after that. The online worked so fine for me that year that I have not played online since because I realized that there servers were not the problem it was the human across the world pulling plugs and doing everything they could to see themselves up top when they did not have the skills to be there. All that said, the game is not better than NBA 2K11 or 12 if you really get into them and I am one of the people that there online has always worked well for. Lastly, it did deserve to be on this list. I think this site just does not want to give this company the credit it really deserves in totally owning the basketball world and destroying the more wealthy competition.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #50
Rookie

I created an account just to say how much of a snub World Series Baseball 98 for the Saturn not being on this list is. That game had a lot of firsts in American baseball games (pretty sure the first to let you guess pitch pre-at bat, pretty sure the first to have real 3D stadiums, the first to have player specific swing AND pitching deliveries). I might have to dig out the Saturn and fire this up during March Madness.

Also on the mid-majors snub list (to keep it NCAA Analogy):
-NHL Hitz (some of the best co-op in sports history)
-Power Pro Baseball (arguably the series that lead to the Road to Glory and My Player modes).

Super Tecmo Bowl was a complete game changer. That is definitely my alum school in this fictional universe.

Also, did anybody ever play the ORIGINAL arcade Tecmo Bowl? I saw one once when I was visiting family in the midwest and went to the movies. It was pretty sick instead of button mashing when someone tried to tackle you they had joystick wiggling. And I'm pretty sure I remember local stats for the best rushers/passers being shown in the attract mode loop.
(http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10043)
Old 03-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: 68-Game Field Announced for the Greatest Sports Game Ever Tournament

I agree with most of the games but if I had a personal field of games these would be on it:

Bottom of the 9th - PS1
TV Sports Football - Amiga
Double Dribble - Nintendo

I may have played bottom of the 9th more than any game ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #52
Rookie

Tecmo Super Bowl in same bracket as CH2k8 and MVP 2005....thats the group of death
Old 03-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #53
Rookie

beecravey7's Arena

OVR: 3
If EA would have been making baseball games and 2K making football games over the last few years the world would be a way better place.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »