Home

2012 OS Awards: Best New Feature

This is a discussion on 2012 OS Awards: Best New Feature within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
2012 OS Awards: Best New Feature

The 'Best New Feature' category is usually a fun category, with all of the newest innovations in our genre being celebrated in one voting area. From NBA 2K13's Control Stick to Connected Careers in Madden to True Performance Skating in NHL 13, there were a lot of fundamental revisions of what sports gaming looks like as we head into the new console generation. But, as with sports, there can only be one winner. Read on to find out which feature is the best new innovation from last year's sports gaming season.

Read More - 2012 OS Awards: Best New Feature
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
I definitely have to back OS on this one. True performance skating, while not perfect, was something we had not seen before and completely refreshed NHL 13 for me after playing what felt like NHL 09 with some new makeup on it every year for the past four years.

NBA 2K13's control stick was OK, I guess, but considering NBA Live has been using the right analog stick to control dribble moves for years prior to this, it wasn't nearly as big of a jump as NHL 13, IMO.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
I agree with the true performance skating, it was innovative... Now get the penalties right and it is a true sim that should NEVER be touched again... Sometimes and in most cases, less new features is best, more new features robs peter to pay paul and breaks platforms that already work...
Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2
"more new features robs peter to pay paul and breaks platforms that already work..." That's EA Sports 101.

"should NEVER be touched again"..be careful, to EA executives that means change and completely overhaul the system and start over from the ground up hence restarting a cycle of bugs, frustration, and broken game play (see Madden franchise for an example). I'm absolutely terrified about the prospect of the new hardware (xbox 720/ps4). For the franchises like NHL and FIFA that are solid, that means that EA has a new chance to screw them up like they did Madden/NCAA.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
Thumbs up to all of the posts above mine!

-MERACE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
well deserved win for the NHL game this year

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »