Home

EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

This is a discussion on EA is the 'Worst Company In America' within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Have you seen a Star Wars/Halo/Star Trek/Etc midnight release? Or comic book conventions? There are people out there who have passions just as comparable to sports fanatics.
And if they put out sub-par/buggy products, consumers have every right to be dissatisfied and every right to say the company that produced those products are bad for consumers.

So what's your point? This says absolutely nothing about EA or Mr. Moore's comments in the article.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #114

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
And if they put out sub-par/buggy products, consumers have every right to be dissatisfied and every right to say the company that produced those products are bad for consumers.

So what's your point? This says absolutely nothing about EA or Mr. Moore's comments in the article.
I don't even know what point you're trying to argue. All I have seen you do is spew hate about Madden. This poll really has very very very little to do with Madden.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Look, don't be talking about my die-hard love for the Cubs...

Let's define the success here. From a team performance, they're not. But from a financial standpoint, they are. No matter how bad the Cubs are playing, folks are still coming out to Wrigley (I do, too. But when I get free tickets, lol). Look at the Sox. They'll be in playoff contention but still have only 27K fill a 40K seat stadium. Sad, but it's true.

Success is measured in dollars and cents at the end of the day. Folks can bash Madden all day. I bash it, too. Here's the thing: A lot of the folks who bash it...HAVE PAID FOR THIS GAME. EA has their money already. This happens every year and you know it. People complain about this game and still buy it. I'm begging for the day that a great NFL game comes out. As passionate as I am for that game, I can't spend my money on it because de facto it's the only game in town. I'm not going with that/ I'd rather do without as opposed to just buying and being pissed about it everyday.
I think being the "Worst Company in America" precludes going out of business. True badness endures and spreads. Let's keep in mind that this is a Consumerist poll. To win, you have to anger a lot of customers, which is only possible if you have a lot of customers. The Worst Company isn't judged on the basis of revenue, but from the perspective of people who buy or consider buying their products.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #116
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I don't even know what point you're trying to argue. All I have seen you do is spew hate about Madden. This poll really has very very very little to do with Madden.
Madden is one very good example of why EA has earned a bad consumer reputation. And Mr. Moore's comments seem to reinforce why. I'm not bringing up Snicker's or Activision, or trying to bring up insignificant scopes of competition trying to excuse or dismiss this reputation that EA has earned.

I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make. Other than "other companies are bad or worse, so EA can't be bad".
Old 04-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Have you seen a Star Wars/Halo/Star Trek/Etc midnight release? Or comic book conventions? There are people out there who have passions just as comparable to sports fanatics.
Well, when George Lucas manages to piss off as many of his fans as EA has done, maybe he can step up and compete. Alas, his companies didn't make it into the brackets.

What you're missing about this award is that it aggregates a lot of bad feeling from consumers. You obviously are happier with EA or at least less annoyed by EA than others, or maybe you just had lower expectations. Whatever, it's cool. It's a poll, not something we all have to sign on to. For the record, I'd have probably picked Bank of America this year if I'd voted. But I can see how EA earned this one again, even though there are bigger problems in the world.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #118

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Madden is one very good example of why EA has earned a bad consumer reputation. And Mr. Moore's comments seem to reinforce why. I'm not bringing up Snicker's or Activision, or trying to bring up insignificant scopes of competition trying to excuse or dismiss this reputation that EA has earned.

I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make. Other than "other companies are bad or worse, so EA can't be bad".
My point is that in the video game realm, Madden is pretty insignificant. Sports games are pretty insignificant in general.

Madden isn't a good reason they are in the list. The knock on Madden is that its not innovative in the least.

EA is on the list because of the bad they do to the industry, not because of Madden. If releasing a yearly sports game that plays crappy and is riddled with bugs, MLB2Ks team would be right there next to them.

EA has earned a bad reputation because of stupid DRM moves, horrible Origin service and purchasing developers and IPs while killing that game series and developer studio in the process.

Your posts are literally the only posts I've seen Activision or Snickers mentioned. EA has a bad reputation they earned through big name acquisitions of studios and franchises they've killed, not on the quality of a niche title.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #119
Rookie

Quote:
My point is that in the video game realm, Madden is pretty insignificant. Sports games are pretty insignificant in general.

Madden isn't a good reason they are in the list. The knock on Madden is that its not innovative in the least.

EA is on the list because of the bad they do to the industry, not because of Madden. If releasing a yearly sports game that plays crappy and is riddled with bugs, MLB2Ks team would be right there next to them.

EA has earned a bad reputation because of stupid DRM moves, horrible Origin service and purchasing developers and IPs while killing that game series and developer studio in the process.

Your posts are literally the only posts I've seen Activision or Snickers mentioned. EA has a bad reputation they earned through big name acquisitions of studios and franchises they've killed, not on the quality of a niche title.
I don't know if Madden is that much of a 'niche title' - it's very aggressively advertised on TV and via social media. But maybe that's how the Madden demographic is reached, and really this is not a major point.

My first post in this thread pointed out that Madden is one of EA's better games, but it still isn't very good, largely due to the lack of innovation that you point out. This is part of EA's problem though - even its best titles aren't generating enough good will to counter the bad. When people get burned by Sim City or feel nickel-and-dimed by DLC in Dead Space 3 or whatever, they don't have that really good game that makes them say, "Nah, EA isn't the worst."
Old 04-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #120
Banned

Quote:
Not to sports gamers. And not looking at sports games sales.

Quote:
Madden has a lot more "knocks" then just "lack of innovation".

Quote:
EA is on the list because of the bad they do to the industry
True

Quote:
, not because of Madden.
Madden is a reflection of and one of the reasons why.

Quote:
If releasing a yearly sports game that plays crappy and is riddled with bugs, MLB2Ks team would be right there next to them.
MLB2K has at least been playable for me on the PC. Which is the only reason I have it (cause it's on the PC/except for this year). The Show was much better. There are things in MLB2K that I actually like better than The Show. And MLB2K only had ONE bug I couldn't get past, and that was it auto rearranging my lineups and pitching rotations. So far, the only Madden I could get past the Bugs and lack of features was M12. I'd have to say that Madden has been worse than MLB2K.

Quote:
True, along with some sub par games. Madden, Sim City come to mind right away.

Quote:
Then you have not been reading the posts thoroughly. I only mentioned Activision and Snickers in response to somebody else bringing them up. And the quality of the product has nothing to do with a companies reputation? Really?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »