Home

EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

This is a discussion on EA is the 'Worst Company In America' within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
The only product I even consider buying from EA anymore is Fifa. And I buy a new Fifa once every 3 or 4 years so i'm not due for a new one for a while now. Their games suck, their online service sucks, their response sucks, their ability to gauge what people want sucks.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #10
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: EA is 'Worlds Worst Company'

If buying Battlefield is wrong then I guess I don't want to be right.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

I lol at Peter's reasoning for why EA won this poll. I also lol at those discrediting the message just because EA is not really the worst company in America.

What I get out of this poll is that there are a lot of others besides me that are dissatisfied with EA's business practices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
If buying Battlefield is wrong then I guess I don't want to be right.
I'm disappointed in Battlefield 3's single player campaign as well. Too arcady. Arma 2 is much better.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

BF3 had a single player campaign?

I feel like that complaint would be similar to complaining about Tomb Raider's multiplayer. Yes its there and feel free to complain about it, but its obviously just tacked onto the bigger part of the driving force behind the game.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
BF3 had a single player campaign?
Yes. I don't like paying subscriptions so I stay away from MMO's. I don't even bother to check if the MMO is a monthly subscription or not anymore since so many are.

Arma 2 is much more realistic to me.

Quote:
I feel like that complaint would be similar to complaining about Tomb Raider's multiplayer. Yes its there and feel free to complain about it, but its obviously just tacked onto the bigger part of the driving force behind the game.
You edited your post.

I specifically said "Single Player Campaign" and didn't mention anything about multi-player. I only complained about the Single Player Campaign option. I don't know if the multi-player is as arcady as the Single Player Campaign. But the Single Player Campaign is much of an endorsement for the multi-player. Arma 2's Single Player Campaign is much more realistic.

Last edited by bucky60; 04-10-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
1 - incorrect headline, the Consumerist poll only included American companies and was for the award "Worst Company in America".

2 - as I've claimed in the thread in the Madden forum, this poll made no attempt at being an accurate cross-section of the American consumer base; it was a voluntary internet poll run on a web site whose traffic demographics skew heavily to the 18-24 and 25-34 age brackets. Compound this with the observation that video gamers are typically young, incredibly vocal, and possess a pack mentality on any controversial issue, I assert that there's undoubtedly sampling bias in the population of poll respondents, which is enough for me to disregard the poll entirely.

3 - EA's practices are fairly representative of most of the AAA video game industry. I don't see how one could call them the "worst company in America" and not effectively call out every other major video game publisher at the same time. EA is just the flavor of the month once again, this time thanks to the SimCity debacle.

4 - if EA is really so anti-consumer, etc., why do consumers keep buying their products? Surely they keep making things that consumers want, and whatever EA is doing must not be but so bad if consumers are willing to tolerate whatever they do to have access to said products.

5 - why is this poll even worth talking about? Unless EA is going to react to it in any substantial way (remove microtransactions, limit DRM use, end the exclusivity agreement), this poll means nothing. EA will react to their own financial missteps (SWTOR) before they react to this because at the end of the day consumers are still buying FIFA, Madden, SimCity, The Sims, etc. AND their associated DLC, regardless what they are voting in this poll. If consumers are legitimately unhappy with EA, they need to consistently voice their opinion with their wallets, otherwise EA isn't going to change.
Eh, there were valid counter-arguments in the other thread as well.

By all appearances, it appears Peter Moore believes the poll more relevant than you do, given his asinine responses. 'Legitimate' poll or not, he does himself and EA no favors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #16
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostoasty
They ARE a bad company when it comes to consumer satisfaction. The online pass alone is enough to make me hate EA. They do make great sports games though.
There is nothing wrong with an online pass. I am not sure how it all works, but when you buy a game used, the game developer is not getting payed for it, just the store you buy the game from. The online pass is simply a way for people that buy used, to give something back to the developer

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »