Home

Two Major EA Executives Sell Major Stock Holdings

This is a discussion on Two Major EA Executives Sell Major Stock Holdings within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Two Major EA Executives Sell Major Stock Holdings

Andrew Wilson, the Executive Vice President of EA Sports, sold his entire stake in Electronic Arts according to an SEC filing on Thursday. The stock, valued at around $687,000, was Wilson's full allotment of just over 32000 shares of EA stock.

EA's stock has skyrocketed this week after news of two huge exclusive deals with both FIFA and Star Wars being inked to the company for years to come.

There is no word from EA on Wilson's status with the company at this time -- but one has to wonder what that was all about for sure.

UPDATE: A second EA executive, senior vice president and general counsel Stephen Bene has sold a large number of derivative securities (vested options) as well. Stock sales of this type (by senior corporate officers) require immediate disclosure as they can indicate a lack of confidence in a company.

We'll be on top of this story if anything develops through the weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Well, that would be a definite example of "sell on the news."
Old 05-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3
Buy low sell high; the fact that he sold all tells me he doesn't have much confidence in it going any higher any time soon. Either that or he just needed/wanted the cash.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 48
A man sells all his stock when things are going or about to go bad! I think he's about to jump ship! LOL imo
cheers
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19
Ruff hit it on the head.

Something is swirling in the toilet because you don't just sell "All" of your shares in such a large profitably company, even if there are issues were you must part ways.

Something is about to come to light...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Sounds like he about to jump ship because he knows something bad is about to happen in the future.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39
This is a bad sign to me. EA keep firing and rehiring employees, CEO resigned, now this! I guess the investors are nervous.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Two Major EA Executives Sell Major Stock Holdings

And now a second exec? This ain't good.

Could just be something isolated at EA, or even these two guys just wanting to cash in, but I've kind of had a hunch the industry was in slow down even with the new consoles due out soon.

If there is indeed a bear future it won't surprise me a bit. This industry has been running on one thing and one thing only: consumer interest. Home console games cost too much to make so you see pretty much no innovation whatsoever, just a bunch of "safe" bets, Assassin's Creed 9, 11, 12, etc. And the infrastructure isn't there yet for an online subscription service.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »