Home

EA Listens to Customers, Drops Online Pass

This is a discussion on EA Listens to Customers, Drops Online Pass within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
If I bought any game used that required a online pass I'd always check ebay first. Just to save 3-4 bucks in most cases.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #18
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7
Yeah, this is a complete PR stunt. They didn't make any money off online passes, so they aren't going to bother with the process of creating them and setting them up. They'll just go down a different path to try to get money.

It'll be Ultimate Team, or having to buy uniforms, or the car packs...the future will be us buying a very barebones game that will require us to spend more money to get "the complete package".

I wish I could buy a Madden game WITHOUT Ultimate Team for $40, but that'll never happen.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 48
Wow, it took EA how many years to listen to customers and their feedback? EA is all about the money; don't be surprised if they charge for something else!!! They still made a couple million off of Us customers, with their online pass!
cheers
Old 05-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5
XBOX has already confirmed the ability to play old games as well as not being always connected to the internet.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #21
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
If it's not micro transactions they're just going to charge outright for online play.
They won't do that because it will again piss people off. Especially when there are other games out there who don't charge you for those things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #22
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
There is no reason to give EA kudos...no doubt this was just a business decision done by the numbers.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Have you been locked in a cave? Both companies have confirmed that used games will play on next gen.
So where exactly do you see this info? I've checked several game sites and nowhere has either system come out publicly and said used games will work.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: EA Listens to Customers, Drops Online Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chello97217
So where exactly do you see this info? I've checked several game sites and nowhere has either system come out publicly and said used games will work.
Sony did.

http://www.gamespot.com//news/playst...63?sid=6404263

Not sure about Microsoft, whether they've announced it publicly or just rumor. They haven't even officially announced whether the system will always have to be connected to the internet (although there's an internal memo circulating that dubunks that).

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »