Home

Watch LIVE: The New Xbox Revealed

This is a discussion on Watch LIVE: The New Xbox Revealed within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #41
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Watch LIVE: The New Xbox Revealed

Xbox Done... a fee to play used games, is no dif than online pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack

Jeff Brown EA - "...but the whole idea of packaging it up with an online pass, clearly it was not popular, so we listened to people and we stopped doing it."

What a lying sack of @#$%
this has nothing to do with ea online passes, its not Ea who is lying its Microsoft who is charging people fees to play use games, the ps4 does not do this. So therefore its not EA its Microsoft, the anger is in the wrong direction
Old 05-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Horrendous reveal. It's quickly emerging that the next gen of consoles won't come anywhere close to this gen in sales.
your right but i think Sony is going to get a better start compared this current Gen sales.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #44
Rookie

ajaxab's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
this has nothing to do with ea online passes, its not Ea who is lying its Microsoft who is charging people fees to play use games, the ps4 does not do this. So therefore its not EA its Microsoft, the anger is in the wrong direction
...and EA just, out of sheer coincidence, made their announcement shortly before we found out about the used game fee for the XBox One? An EA that has struck these exclusive deals with Microsoft for content on the One? You have a whole lot more faith in EA than I do.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #45
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

this is gonna suck for all you Gameflyer's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #46
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

The first Madden game for the 360 was awful and I am hoping that isn't the case on the new Xbox. The jump to a new platform always seems to take a year or two to figure out for sports titles.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #47
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
the used game fee is a game killer for me. if they produced games that didn't need huge patches to make them playable, then maybe i would be willing to bite the bullet. but who really thinks they will do that?

the gaming industry wants to kill the used game market. but they don't want the responsibility to make quality games out of the box. they want the cushion to make a game that we tolerate and beta test until they can patch it. if they change their policy that i can return a game that sucks, then this will work. but that won't happen either.

a lot of the people buying used games are not going to ever pay full price for games. they don't have the money. they are going to wait until they drop in price or not buy them at all. some are just going to stick to older systems longer. i will not be surprised at all if this will not have the effect that gaming companies believe. there is too much cheap entertainment available to start squeezing people for every nickle you can find.

i personally have the money to buy what i want. but i don't want to waste my money either. under this new proposed standard there are so few games that will truly be must buys. all gaming companies are going to need to spend more on quality control if they are going to expect me or people like me, to spend hard earned money on brand new games.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #48
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
one last thing, it is obvious microsoft is appealing to developers. charging a fee makes them want to develop for them. sony has a chance to appeal to customers if they decide against this. i am already leaning toward the ps4 after this used game announcement. if sony does similar with used games, i will likely wait a couple years to allow both companies to sort out their inevitable bugs and problems before upgrading.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »