Home

Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play

This is a discussion on Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #17
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play

Here's my question, does Microsoft NOT realize that people have lives and in those lives we have many things that happen??? School, work, family, marriages, deaths... and they release this statement:

Quote:
the Xbox One will require that you connect to the Xbox Live servers once a day to continue playing it.
What the heck? Seriously??? Microsoft, if this is really what you plan on doing, you're going to lose a TON of money. Just saying...

Old 05-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #18
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm more concerned with the live mic and camera aspects of the kinect. Right now I'm leaning ps4 if I get any system
Old 05-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Xbox sounds like they are trying to do too much and make the Xbox too many different things. I'll take the PS4. I want my gaming console to be my gaming console. Not my dvr, computer, tv, stereo, etc. Plus I still want The Show when that makes the jump.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Here's my question, does Microsoft NOT realize that people have lives and in those lives we have many things that happen??? School, work, family, marriages, deaths... and they release this statement:

Quote:
the Xbox One will require that you connect to the Xbox Live servers once a day to continue playing it.

What the heck? Seriously??? Microsoft, if this is really what you plan on doing, you're going to lose a TON of money. Just saying...

Spoiler
Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
Rookie

carolinawolf72's Arena

OVR: 0
PS4 for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3
I am in the military and on my last 3 deployments my XBOX was my best friend. Now you are telling me that when I am stuck in the middle of the ocean on deployment my XBOX will be useless....PS4 will have the leg up on the Military people for sure!!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #23
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
I was definitely considering switching to Xbox. I like a lot of their features but there are some serious issues. One being internet requirements and the other is the speed of ram only ddr3 instead of ddr5 that ps4 will have. I will make my decision after they have some time in the market but ps4 has a slim lead
Old 05-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #24
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

I don't think they mean you have to turn it on every single day or it blows up or something. I think they simply mean for gaming purposes, it has to connect to the servers at least once during the day. Then you can disconnect if you wish. At least that's how im interpreting it right now. For them to say you must wake up every morning, turn it on and connect in order to play, seems a bit crazy. I think we all need to take a few steps back and wait till more information comes out.

I'm thinking what they mean, is the Xbox One, once you turn it on, its got to connect for you to play. You can then disconnect if you wish. However, after 24 hours, you'll need to re-connect it again at some point to carry on playing. At least that's how im reading it.

Either way its a ridiculous move on their part. It's pushing me away from it really. I'll either keep my 360 going as long as I can, or I'll flip over to the PS4, which I'd hate to do. However, with MS saying the Xbox One won't play any 360 games... it seems that a switch to the PS4 really woudlnt be that difficult, because if I went with the One... all my old 360 stuff is useless to the system anyways. So I'm best to pick the PS4 for next gen, stay with my 360 for the stuff I'd keep for it.

I just dont understand MS's thought process on this entire thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »