Home

Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play

This is a discussion on Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play

The Xbox One will require an internet connection after all in order to play games, which comes to the chagrin of many gamers. According to press material from Microsoft, the Xbox One will require that you connect to the Xbox Live servers once a day to continue playing it.

This of course presents huge issues for people where internet is limited, especially our men and women in uniform overseas. How Microsoft plans to work that detail out is unknown at this time.

Microsoft's seemingly puzzling answer to this is that, "No, it (Xbox One) does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection."

This is a bold move by Microsoft, and the type of move that could easily backfire on the company.

What do you guys think? Are you worried about the 'almost always on' connectivity required from the Xbox One?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
This sucks.. I live in the Philippines and the internet here sucks a**..
Old 05-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
The key here is "connecting to the Xbox Live servers". What if you don't have Xbox Live? Surely, Microsoft won't make the purchase of a monthly XboX Live subscription mandatory? If I don't have Xbox Live, do I not have to worry about being always connected?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
There are far to many questions that need to be answered in a couple weeks. I'm not going to judge or complain till then.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Rookie

robbiedizzle's Arena

OVR: 9
So suppose I take my family on vacation, am I supposed to leave it on the whole time? If I don't what exactly does "to continue to play it" mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Xbox One will Require an Internet Connection to Play

If true, PS4 here I come
Old 05-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21
Just a clarification: Xbox Live has a "silver" tier that is free. So you can have an Xbox Live account without paying a monthly fee.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSelected
Just a clarification: Xbox Live has a "silver" tier that is free. So you can have an Xbox Live account without paying a monthly fee.
if you buy the cheap version of xbox one they are going to require you have a one year acct, which you will be $15 a month which you would end up pay more money for the cheap version then the one that cost the most so no they are forcing you to get the xbox gold.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »