Home

Old 05-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I definitely like my realism in my basketball games. However, in other sports titles I'm more of an arcade guy. Overall though I'm probably more a fan of realism.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39
Sim is what it is. What you see live or on TV. When game producers make hybrid(arcade and Sim) games they lose fans. The hardcore and sim fans want a realistic experience. The casual fans do not care.
Let's say you were playing a boxing game and you love boxing, but Tyson had footwork like Ali and endurance like a marathon runner you be upset because it is inaccurate.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki
Options are the answer.

Make them game play casual out the box, but give us simheads the tools we need to make the game play simulation. Full explanation on sliders, player & team editing, Coaching profiles just to name a few.
The truth!
Fully functional sliders , well explained as to which ratings they effect combined with the full gamut of ratings to be explained is the way to go forward
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I definitely like my realism in my basketball games. However, in other sports titles I'm more of an arcade guy. Overall though I'm probably more a fan of realism.
Quote:
This year’s version offered a wide-array of moves that try to give the user a chance to create the same move-sets that they see in a real NBA game, and while some users absolutely love it, others just disregard it because of the difficulty level. A lot of those same users claim that the game gives an unfair advantage to the ones who have the time and skill to learn all the moves.
This is irrelevant though. You don't need to use the dribble moves to succeed online. You can just pick the Heat and turbo with LeBron in a straight line through the defense and straight to the basket. The defense is so behind the offense, most of these offensive moves will never be used, and top of that running plays is unnecessary as well.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #13
Banned

Start with a sim and then build around it.

Take Out of the Park baseball then add the show gameplay.

Take TEW 13 Wrestling simulator then add WWE/Fire pro whichever type gameplay..

Take OOTP's Boxing sim and then add gameplay.

Create a massive world of data then add your technology and people will be happy.

The show + OOTP baseball would make everyone cream their undies.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
Banned

Well actually a lot of people would get bored of it so add your arcade mode crap too but if you wanna make the real sports fans happy then follow directions above. ^
Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
"Their number one priority is to sell units, and in order to do that, you have to appeal to the masses, not just a select group"

EA Sports NHL series on-line play and by some accounts, MLB: The Show on-line play.
Artificial assistance to lesser players. Not fair to anyone playing the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhiskey119
Start with a sim and then build around it.

Take Out of the Park baseball then add the show gameplay.

Take TEW 13 Wrestling simulator then add WWE/Fire pro whichever type gameplay..

Take OOTP's Boxing sim and then add gameplay.

Create a massive world of data then add your technology and people will be happy.

The show + OOTP baseball would make everyone cream their undies.
Irishwhiskey, your comment alone made me cream my undies. OOTP + The show, oh my.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »