Home

Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers

This is a discussion on Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
Rookie

basketball444's Arena

OVR: 1
dumb dumb dumb. I'm a hardcore XBOX fan but this is a deal breaker. I usually rent games before I buy them. I'm not going to spend 60 dollars and then find out I don't like the game. Wow this is huge guess i'm getting a PS4 now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
I own a 360 and plan on keeping it for a while. Naughty Dog has me wanting to buy another ps3. But Microsoft have lost me as their consumer in regards to their next-gen console. There was an article over at IGN that was posted yesterday and that is where they lost me.

Not everyone will have an Internet connection. Not everyone plays online, every day. And I have a tv that works fine.

I don't know what Microsoft expects, but Sony (from what we've read, watched and heard...) will have so many more customers come release day.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10
I completely agree with some of the statements above. It's not about rentals, but rather about the fact of not being able to play games you have bought used.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7
Terrible move by Microsoft.... Hello PS4
Old 06-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0
That's is bad new for me and two teenage sons in my house'!!!!!!! cause we HAVE to buy a lot of used games due to cost, And we share a lot..That's 3 xbox1 MS won't be selling this time around in Year,. to me and my family, OMG i hope Sony is smart, cause if they are Sony will be getting My money for 3 brand new PS4....I'm not wasting my money on MS this time, hate that cause we really wanted to play Sport games on Next Gen....Boy i hope EA nows what they are doing could hurt sales
I'm going to start a FACEBOOK page, Just for Sony to see not to lock out used games on the PS4...I really think MS will HAVE to change, but maybe not....
Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #30
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers

A possible scenario here that gives MS and probably the publishers a bit of money. Instead of renting a game "normally", the Xbox gives you the option to buy a 5-day trial for $5 (or however much). Your system will download the game and as soon as it's playable the trial begins. After the 5 days are up, you have the option to pay off the rest of the full game cost or end the trial and have the game license taken away.

One of the benefits (from MS's point of view anyways) to requiring Internet connectivity.

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 06-07-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #31
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
This kills me as a GameFly member. If you're not using GameFly and you play over 2 sports games a year during their seasons you're wasting money. This is a HUGE blow and not a deal breaker for me, but a definite deterrent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 6
If you think one system is going to do this and the other is not?? Well, you will be mistaken. Sony is just letting MS take the hit first. No way publishers will let one console get away with NOT doing this when the other does.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »