Home

Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers

This is a discussion on Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #41
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
"Microsoft is allegedly paying many third-party publishers so that they won't show off their PlayStation 4 games at E3 2013, according to a new report."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...t-359264.shtml

Last edited by Profit89; 06-07-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers

I pretty much never rent games, but I'm honestly pretty shocked by this. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 trots out something similar...

I'm definitely not buying an Xbone at this point. PC gaming FTW.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 2
How am i supposed to visit my local used-videogame store and sell the games i dont play, for quick cash?...this definitely hurts consumers and small businesses..
Old 06-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #44
Banned

22cowboys22's Arena

microsoft way to jump off the bridge anyone who buy's this system with what their trying to do is ignorant.At some point we as a community have to put our foot down and say No......and if this is coming from the publishers then lets see how they like it when they dont have any of their games selling off shelfs or when microsoft has xbox one's collecting dust in store backroom's then we will see which is better the old way or the new way.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #45
Banned

22cowboys22's Arena

We as a gaming community need to send a message to these companies and not reserve any Xbox one's or games and then watch Microsoft pedal backward's on these stupid policies...and as for publishers if you make a game that sucks then no one should buy it, if you make a great game then you don't have anything to worry about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #46
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Eh instead of $300-400 on any of these new systems, maybe ill just buy some season packs to the Blue Jackets and Reds. Count me out on the X1 and if the PS4 is like this, ill just go see the real thing more often.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #47
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
Don't jump into these ps4 lines just yet. Wait till you hear about Sony's DRM....it could be worst on the PS4
Sony's DRM has already been announced. They said they will not force any restrictions, that it will be 100% up to the publishers of the games.

So people can stop throwing around "Oh, wait for Sony's DRM".. because again, we already know about it.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 7
Some of us dont have $59.99 plus tax to spend all willy nilly. Thus we rent the game first and if we like it we but it. Giras Microsoft didnt get that memo.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »