Home

OS Roundtable: What are your top three games from this generation?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What are your top three games from this generation? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #57
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
1.Nba2k13
2.Madden 13 Finally for putting physics
3.All -Pro Football 2k
Old 08-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
From THIS generation CH 2k8, NBA 2k11, Forza 4.

All time Madden 2005, Fight Night 3, NHRA Main Event(Im a drag racing fan and I know of probably 500 people RIGHT NOW that would go back and play this game).
Old 08-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1
College Hoops 2k8
NCAA 14
NHL 11
Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3
1. NBA 2K12 - While everybody loves 2K11, I think the inclusion of the NBA's Greatest mode with the TV presentation set to different eras was brilliant. Love the 80's TV style and I spent the first days of owning that game playing that mode exclusively.

2. Fight Night Round 4 - Spend countless hours online knocking dudes out and getting knocked out and loved every moment. One of the few games I played almost entirely online.

3. NCAA Basketball 2010 - While the love for College Hoops is worthy, I think the split ESPN/CBS idea was the most genuine incorporation of TV presentation since NFL 2K5's use of ESPN. If Madden could have a FOX/CBS/ESPN package, people would stop talking about 2K5 forever. The gameplay in NCAA just couldn't match the presentation, but it was getting there, Sad they had to kill it when it was finally realizing it's potential.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
1. NBA 2k11 - first time you got to answer questions in a press conference, you were totally hooked on the myplayer mode, plus jordan just for kicks

2. MLB 10 The Show - catcher mode in road to the show, the old school announcing crew of Vasgersian (didn't look up how to spell it, sue me) Soup Cambell & Rex Hudler actually had some flavor, as opposed to the guys they've swapped them with. plus, small nuance here, being able to buy your teams travel was flat out awesome. who didn't enjoy spending the 250 mil or whatever it was on the jet? plus you could set concession prices and such, and i loved that level of detail.

3. Fight Night Round 3 - just flat out blew my mind with the graphics at the time. online play was a blast, and even though the training in the career mode was MUCH better in round 4, I give the nod to round 3 because of how groundbreaking it was with the slow-mo knockout cams, detailed facial animations and damage

I like NCAA 14, but do yourself a favor and play NCAA Football 07 or Madden 07 for xbox. Sooooo many more features and soooooo much smoother gameplay overall. This gen for football has been an absolute travesty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #62
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
1.) NBA 2K13
2.) NCAA Football 14
3.) FIFA 12
Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #63
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
1) NBA 2K13
2) MLB the Show 13
3) WWE 13
Old 08-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #64
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10
1-NBA 2K11: Bought it on a whim and played it until The Show dropped in March...
2-MOB The Show 13: Favorite game for my favorite sport.
3-NHL 09/College Hoops: NHL was my online crack, and College Hoops is in it's own league...

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »