Home

OS Roundtable: Where does EA Football Stand at the End of This Generation?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Where does EA Football Stand at the End of This Generation? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: Where does EA Football Stand at the End of This Generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I always laugh at the people that "enjoy a game for what it is". I hope they could do the same thing eating their entree from a restaurant that was covered with mold and wiped on the bathroom floor. Hey...enjoy it for what it is!
I can go to 100's of different eating establishments.

We only have 2 football games...both made by EA.

And we don't have a choice....and it is out of our control.

If you don't like the game...don't buy it. I like it. So I buy it.

I enjoy it for what it is....cause it is all we have right now and for the last 7 years.

Sheesh.

It's a stinkin video game. LOL!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #34
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
It's simple to answer this question. Tiburon screwed up this game beyond all recognition. In 8 years, we saw absolutely ZERO innovation in football gaming. In fact, Tiburon not only couldn't fix their mistakes from last gen, they couldn't even replace everything that we already had back then. TERRIBLE. Madden 25 is a decent game, but it should have come out back in 2008.

I hate to be the guy to say this, but the reality is had 2k been able to continue, Madden would have gone the way of NBA Live or it would have been a much better product out of necessity. This entire generation was a solid waste and ended up alienated long time fans.

This reputation will be really hard to shake too. No company is more hated than EA/Tiburon. They may try to tell you different, but that is the case due their own doing, no one else's fault.

I don't disagree.....they would have stepped up more....Madden is a brand...a powerful powerful brand.

We are but a small minority of hard core sports gamers. 95% are casual gamers (who love sports games too...but are not crazy anal like a lot of us).

But reality is EA has NFL football. So either you make the best of it or move on.

Why frustrate yourself....if it does not work for you?

I feel it is highly exaggerated when it comes to Madden. I mean crazy hyperbole and just incessant whining, bashing and just dreck. We have OS'ers who know how to have intelligent discussions about Madden....but it's get's buried by a lot of garbage.

M10, M12 and now M25 are really good video games IMO.....better than last gen Maddens in many ways.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-05-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #35
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
THIS . God forbid some of us wanting more for our money
Absolutely......but don't bash those who feel they are getting they're monies worth.

It works both ways.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #36
Rookie

or PS4). because I don't see Madden doing too much different than what has already been done. What has been done has been okay. I'm not looking for earth shattering features just major improvements and I have played and owned most of the Madden games since its inception and all have problems with them. I buy the game (eventually ) and I either I look at each installment as half empty or half full. I buy it because I like football but Madden after 25 years should be way ahead of any football game and I don't mean by sales or because it's the only game in town. I do enjoy Madden 25 but I have to tweak it to my liking for it to be challenging. 2k football if it was allowed to continue would have put Madden to the test because to me during their cycle 2k football was better. 2k football had it's flaws but I believe it would have improved if allowed to continue with an NFL license. I do believe that Madden 25 is the best in the series (with tweaking) but not by leaps and bounds. The improvements for this generation isn't great despite each edition having improved on some level. (Madden games at times seem to take 1 step forward and steps backward.) Madden developers appear to wave a carrot in front of gamers so they can buy the next edition of Madden only to show marginal improvements. The carrot now is the next generation consoles. I expect improvement for next generation consoles but not much. I'm done with my 25 years of Madden unless I see major improvements and I will play with what I have including my 2k football. I'm not impressed with yet another generation of consoles(maybe years down the line I'll buy a used Xbox Oneinclusion of what they have. Better AI, better balance between offense and defense, a good half-time show, post-game show, etc. Madden could have been a lot better than it has been but the developers for whatever reason did just enough or got lazy I don't know. The bottom line for me is I do like Madden, but after 25 years at this point the game should truly mean "If it's in the game, it's in the game!"
Old 09-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #37
Rookie

I don't see Madden doing too much different than what has already been done. What has been done has been okay. I'm not looking for earth shattering features just major improvements and I have played and owned most of the Madden games since its inception and all have problems with them. I buy the game (eventually ) and I either I look at each installment as half empty or half full. I buy it because I like football but Madden after 25 years should be way ahead of any football game and I don't mean by sales or because it's the only game in town. I do enjoy Madden 25 but I have to tweak it to my liking for it to be challenging. 2k football if it was allowed to continue would have put Madden to the test because to me during their cycle 2k football was better. 2k football had it's flaws but I believe it would have improved if allowed to continue with an NFL license. I do believe that Madden 25 is the best in the series (with tweaking) but not by leaps and bounds. The improvements for this generation isn't great despite each edition having improved on some level. (Madden games at times seem to take 1 step forward and steps backward.) Madden developers appear to wave a carrot in front of gamers so they can buy the next edition of Madden only to show marginal improvements. The carrot now is the next generation consoles. I expect improvement for next generation consoles but not much. I'm done with my 25 years of Madden unless I see major improvements and I will play with what I have including my 2k football. I'm not impressed with yet another generation of consoles(maybe years down the line I'll buy a used Xbox One/ps4). I want Madden to improve on what they have.and include some of what they took out. Better AI, better balance between offense and defense, a good half-time show, post-game show, etc. Madden could have been a lot better than it has been but the developers for whatever reason did just enough or got lazy I don't know. The bottom line for me is I do like Madden, but after 25 years at this point the game should truly mean "If it's in the game, it's in the game!"
Old 09-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #38
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Honestly if the game is fun, I'll keep buying it. Presentation needs to be the focus for next gen.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #39
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Absolutely......but don't bash those who feel they are getting they're monies worth.

It works both ways.
Was about to post the same thing.

For me I really want the franchise to move much more forward that it has this gen.
Doubt it happens without competition though but I'm hoping!

Either way if I think I'll get enjoyment out of it I'll buy it.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #40
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Honestly if the game is fun, I'll keep buying it. Presentation needs to be the focus for next gen.
Presentation is an aspect that needs to get better I agree but AI and actual football where strategy matters... and not just the speed rating, is more important to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »