Home

Best Sports Launch Titles Of All-Time

This is a discussion on Best Sports Launch Titles Of All-Time within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Best Sports Launch Titles Of All-Time

On the eve of the PlayStation 4's release, Operation Sports is taking a look back at some of the most memorable launch-year sports titles.

Because many players experienced these systems for the first time on Christmas morning, games on this list qualified for selection if they were released in the same year as their respective platform. Only American release dates were considered.

Read More - Best Sports Launch Titles Of All-Time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
I will never forget seeing 2K basketball and football for the first time and lets not forget about BULLS VS LAKERS, BULLS VS BLAZERS, NBA SHOWDOWN etc...when NBA Live was king
Old 11-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8
NFL2K is such an easy choice as #1. No game has ever made such a huge graphical leap as this one. I am looking forward to the next gen. However, even NG NBA2K14 is no comparison to the buzz and excitement created by NFL2K.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1
NFL2k was amazing. I remember a buddy walked in and said "I didn't know the NFL was on today" - It was before NFL played on Saturdays. Well we were playing this. NBA was also just simply amazing. I need to snag me a Dreamcast
Old 11-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks
NFL2K is such an easy choice as #1. No game has ever made such a huge graphical leap as this one. I am looking forward to the next gen. However, even NG NBA2K14 is no comparison to the buzz and excitement created by NFL2K.
No joke. I think everybody has the same story of walking into a toy/game store and seeing NFL2K set up on a display somewhere and our minds being completely blown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Dreamcast was such an underrated system. It was a true leap passed the Playstation and N64.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
I agree with this list, but would like to add one more game to the list of honorable mentions: Madden NFL 2001 on PS2. Along with the original 2K it has to be one of my favorite sports games at a console launch.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
I had nfl 2k and nfl 2k1 and I hated the slow pace of the game.. it definitely irritated me. Since I'm a vikings fan scoring was too easy seeing as all i had to do was throw deep every time

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »