Home

PlayStation 4 Console Review

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Console Review within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright25
When I think next gen, I think of something different and groundbreaking. Not the same video game experience Ive had since I got nes for christmas back in the 80's. I get ps4 insides are superior (wasnt ps3s too) but xbox one seems different in a good way.
Those Xbox features are a lot of fluff like with Smart TVs. At first they wow u then all u want is the core reason u bought it, ur regular ole TV. Lol. The real difference under the PS4 hood is for what gaming consoles were made for to begin with - Videogames.

As for the 4, like someone said, it's basically an 'investment'. Both systems are. It's about u want out of the systems as u ride the cycle. Sony's first party/exclusives are unmatched and to see their franchises get taken to a new level with a tons more powerful system is what I look forward to so my 4 is awaiting when I get home to pop in another new game that got delivered today. For me there is no maybe. It's most def with this system and I'm certain Sony will patch in the fluff as time goes on but their initial focus was GAMING!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
*p*r*t**n Sp*rts J*nk**

snaz16's Arena

OVR: 5
Your last sentence says it all for me. Fair evaluation overall though. I play sports games exclusively and play them offline so the ps4 will be my primary acquisition, and my launch 360 still running like a raped ape w/vga connection will suffice.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
This is a fair review. Most of the issues will fixed with a patch at some point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #12
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
Liking the PS4 a lot, own Battlefield, Madden and 2k Hoops. There are flaws with the last 2 that I hope they will patch but real reason I got system is because of MLB The Show. My only negative on the system is the controller loses its charge way to quick.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright25
When I think next gen, I think of something different and groundbreaking. Not the same video game experience Ive had since I got nes for christmas back in the 80's. I get ps4 insides are superior (wasnt ps3s too) but xbox one seems different in a good way.
Not trying to start a console war or arument here but I am really torn over the idea of the xboxone offering something "new and ground breaking". On one hand the xboxone does offer unique features never seen on a console before. Voice commands, "snap" options, tv, etc are brand new and change the idea of a video game console into a true all-in-one entertainment machine. It also makes the xboxone appealing to an audience beyond gamers.

Now here is where I get torn. While these features are cool and offer something new, I don't see how exactly these features are changing or improving my video game experience? So, for example, the ps4 controller has the touch pad and the light bar, which can be used in conjunction with the camera, that can be used for new gameplay features or functions in games. The xbox one, of course, has the kinect which will offer voice command and motion abilities but, imo, we've been there and tried it before and it all came off a little gimmicky. The kinect funtions also rely on the accuracy of detecting your voice and movement. If that isn't working properly then we arent improving gameplay. At least with something like the touchpad we know its going to worl when you click it or swipe your finger in the proper direction.

Both consoles, at the moment, are a wait and see. Neither system has a must have game yet. The xbox one's kinect still has a lot to prove as does sonys camera and new cotroller features. Perhaps most importantly, and this was touched on in the article, are the features that aren't there yet that can be updated. Who knows what these consoles will be in a year +. I own a ps4 and I would recommend to anyone that has yet to buy a console, and isn't 100% sold just yet, to wait it out. Wait for system availability, games, maybe even price drop.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: PlayStation 4 Console Review

This is why I cancelled my preorder. None of the launch titles are truly earthshattering must haves.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0
I bought the ps4 and got the $10 upgrade for madden. I actually brought my madden 360 game to gamestop and traded up for the ps4 madden for the $10, just traded disc for disc! I think I just got lucky that day! As far as the ps4 goes, Im not really that impressed. Madden is the only game I have just because Im crazy for the NFL! Havent bought madden in 4 or 5 years, been playing madden 05-06 on ps2. The controller feels good in my hand but not sure why we dont have the normal start n select? That options button is just off and my d-pad doesnt work in madden as far as moving my players? Plus the controller cord is way to short and the charge only lasts a couple hrs-ish. So far my ps4 gets a 6 out of 10 and madden 5 out of 10! Good article!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #16
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
I think this just proves that it's way too early to say which console is better. That's why I'm waiting until sometime next year (or later) to step up to the next gen (though I am leaning towards returning to Sony.)

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »