Home

PlayStation 4 Console Review

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Console Review within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 13
Interesting that the reviewer did not play the two PS4 exclusive games... Killzone and Knack. More so Killzone is really impressive. But as anyone should know all the best games come out at least a year after.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
I agree with a lot of points but not when it says that if you have the games on the previous version you don't need to upgrade. I have played NBA2k14 and there is no way that I will ever touch the PS3 version. Yes, like all the games there are wrong things about it, but the PS4 version is just insane.It plays very well and it is beautiful to look at. Besides, I love the new MyPlayer and MyGM version, so inmersive!!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #19
Rookie

AlreadyKnoJ's Arena

OVR: 4
I dont care about the bells and whistles honestly because both systems will look graphically similar in most respects and similar in power out put, i just want a system that excels at matchmaking and creating a social experience thats better than last gen. Yeah exclusive titles will play a role in my choice also.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Love sports games and FPS. But I am 36 now and admittedly want more for my money then a simple gaming system. So I got the new Xbox. One of my co workers bought his ps4 in to workand showed it off during some down time (yea I know we got a easy job lol) When he put in Battlefield we were all like meh. So I would say this to anyone on the fence; if your a straight up playstation guy or just a gamer overall you might as well wait. Hold on to your PS3 or computer. For me, Xbox just took gaming to a level never seen before. I dont know what I did before I got this thing but I never want to go back. Watching TV and managing my lineup in NBA 2k at the same time??? Priceless.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
A video game console was meant to be an escape from everyday life and a change of pace from normal TV or radio. When I play my videogames, thats all I want to do. No cellphone, no radio, no TV, just the immersive game and myself. People bragging about Xbox 1 and its ability to link multiple forms of communication and entertainment kind of ruins the traditional view for what I believe video games to be. If you really have to be able to adjust rosters while you watch TV to enjoy your experience, then god help you. I am not saying that it is not a cool technological feat, its AMAZING, but the PS4 was built for the purist in mind and in my humble opinion after a few years and all of the first party games, it will destroy the organic gaming experience of the x box. take your fancy voice snap commands, Im playing games to play games, not to multitask
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9
A video game console was meant to be an escape from everyday life and a change of pace from normal TV or radio. When I play my videogames, thats all I want to do. No cellphone, no radio, no TV, just the immersive game and myself. People bragging about Xbox 1 and its ability to link multiple forms of communication and entertainment kind of ruins the traditional view for what I believe video games to be. If you really have to be able to adjust rosters while you watch TV to enjoy your experience, then god help you. I am not saying that it is not a cool technological feat, its AMAZING, but the PS4 was built for the purist in mind and in my humble opinion after a few years and all of the first party games, it will destroy the organic gaming experience of the x box. take your fancy voice snap commands, Im playing games to play games, not to multitask
Y would it destroy the XBox? I hear you bro, not into multi tasking or whatever. To me thats like having a camera, a cd player, a computer, a cordless housephone, while you read your newspaper lol. Me I'll just chill on my iphone 5. The real question is why should I get rid of my PS3 and get a PS4? Or why should I get rid of my 360 for an XBox 1? Everthing you said I can do with my PS3 or my 360. Why do I need to spend four or five hundred more if thats all I wanted to do?
Old 11-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
I thought the final review of the PS4 was pretty spot on. I do however don't agree with the fact the some reviews kinda bash on how the PS4 does not support other features/is only a gaming device. For me that's the reason why I went with PS4 or xbox, when I purchase a game system that's what I want it to do and could care less about Netflix and ect.....I want my gaming experience to be about gaming. The launch titles yes are not THAT great but are good and will hold me over until otherwise. MLB the show and The Division are the titles that I'm waiting for. Yes the features on Xbox are pretty impressive and that's all they are to me nothing to make me run out and buy a system nore make me want it. All in all I'm happy with the PS4 and my experience has been good so far.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #24
Rookie

enice128's Arena

Great & honest review which is very much appreciated! I bought my ps3 one year after launch solely for mlb the show. At one point i also had an xbox 360 but those days are over for me with the addition of 2 little girls! I traded in my 360 for credit towards the ps4 eventually & my ps3 the same after I'm done with nhl 14. However, used my xbox credit for the new kindle for my 3 yr old so there goes that LOL! I am gonna wait to see how the ps4 performs but i have a feeling when the show releases in april I'm gonna pull the trigger!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »