Home

XBox One Hardware Review

This is a discussion on XBox One Hardware Review within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
XBox One Hardware Review

It's been interesting to see people get fired up about the new game consoles from Microsoft and Sony, as passionate users have debated the merits of launch lineups, resolution, price point and features. I think it's easy for people to lose sight of the fact that all of us have had some fun times with the current generation of consoles, and there's no reason to not expect that the “next generation” will provide similar levels of enjoyment and quality, regardless of platform.

As our own Caley Roark did the other day for the PS4, I'm going to attempt to provide you with some definitive reasons for why you should get an Xbox One. You'll notice that I was very specific in the previous sentence, as I definitely think that the Xbox One is worth your time. While the PS4 is providing an excellent experience — and I do own one — I think it's more of a refined version of what the 360 was trying to do. The Xbox One, buoyed by the improved Kinect camera, actually manages to strive for something a bit more, and even at this stage, you can see some of that future in the UI, voice control and overall software package.

Read More - XBox One Hardware Review
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Not impressed with the new consoles at all.

Going to be going down the Steam OS route. And will save up to upgrade my PC.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
I've spent plenty of time with both consoles, and my Xbox One hasn't been played in four days. I finally disconnected my cable box so I wouldn't turn it on at all. As for the PS4, the experience is somewhat the same. It's where the PS3 should have been in the first place.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I've spent plenty of time with both consoles, and my Xbox One hasn't been played in four days. I finally disconnected my cable box so I wouldn't turn it on at all. As for the PS4, the experience is somewhat the same. It's where the PS3 should have been in the first place.
wow on both ends!!! so basically you are like profit not really impressed - and you know how it is..they wont push too far, they need people to buy the next big thing - smh unfortunately - what until PS5 - wow! lol
Old 11-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
My Xbox One has started crashing to the dash board when I play Call of Duty and Ryse. I like my 2 systems, but I'm never sure if they are going to work the way they are intended to. Also, the installs are rediculous on both systems.

Last edited by mike24forever; 11-30-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by young_bucs_fan
wow on both ends!!! so basically you are like profit not really impressed - and you know how it is..they wont push too far, they need people to buy the next big thing - smh unfortunately - what until PS5 - wow! lol
No need to wait until PS5, just wait until a game releases that will push the systems hardware. Are you impressed? or just shocked that I'm not.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8
Personally I don't normally comment on operationsports.com these days but I've got to say: I'm on my 3rd Xbox One console as the first two (Day One Editions) had defects. But even as that was the case, I was anxious to get the console replaced to experience it to the full. The Xbox One console is admittedly not perfect. Take it from me, it has its problems. But it does a great job in the areas it has. After the 2nd console, which I today just got my third One, it has worked so far without any problems.

What I like most is the convenience of it all. To be able to glide in and out of apps with the simple word comand. To flip over to my TimeWarner TV while not having to select inputs. I have found the OneGuide setup to be a bit bland and not so user friendly. It could be me not fully being diverse in the new system. I find myself still picking up my cable remote to control volume and channels. The voice command in the OneGuide like "page up" and "page down" or "jump up" and "jump down" tends to be sort of a hassle when I feel I can, with my remote, press the "page up" or "page down" a lot faster. I'm grateful Xbox One didn't take away the ability to use the remote control. The Xbox One can refine these areas though which is what I am looking forward to. Everyone will share their own opinions when it comes down to it but I am truly enjoying the Xbox One.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka2122
Personally I don't normally comment on operationsports.com these days but I've got to say: I'm on my 3rd Xbox One console as the first two (Day One Editions) had defects. But even as that was the case, I was anxious to get the console replaced to experience it to the full. The Xbox One console is admittedly not perfect. Take it from me, it has its problems. But it does a great job in the areas it has. After the 2nd console, which I today just got my third One, it has worked so far without any problems.

What I like most is the convenience of it all. To be able to glide in and out of apps with the simple word comand. To flip over to my TimeWarner TV while not having to select inputs. I have found the OneGuide setup to be a bit bland and not so user friendly. It could be me not fully being diverse in the new system. I find myself still picking up my cable remote to control volume and channels. The voice command in the OneGuide like "page up" and "page down" or "jump up" and "jump down" tends to be sort of a hassle when I feel I can, with my remote, press the "page up" or "page down" a lot faster. I'm grateful Xbox One didn't take away the ability to use the remote control. The Xbox One can refine these areas though which is what I am looking forward to. Everyone will share their own opinions when it comes down to it but I am truly enjoying the Xbox One.
Yea, I made this same comment in the PS4 forum, but its like the ipone. I dont know what I was doing before it came out but I never want to go back. The Xbox has truly taken the place of everything inside my living room. The Xbox is the king of the house lol. Na but seriously the kicker is that my girl likes it and the kids love it. Im about 20 percent gaming and 80 percent non gaming right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »