Home

OS Roundtable: Is Customization in Sports Games Important to You?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Is Customization in Sports Games Important to You? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
It's very important... The single player experience requires a deep customisation feature across the board.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
"To be concrete about it, 10 times as much user content comes from the users as comes from us. So we think we are super productive and badass, but we cannot compete with our own customers as regards the production of content. The only company we ever met that kicked our *** is our customers. We would never try to compete with them." -Gabe Newell, Owner of Steam/Valve
Old 05-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #11
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
I'd like the see the PS4 era reach a level of customization that finally rivals PC Mod capability...

In the past couple / few years, the trend with some titles (I'm looking at YOU, Madden) has regrettably been moving AWAY from that, but one can hope...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OS Roundtable: Is Customization in Sports Games Important to You?

For me I personally love customisation in games. The two games I spend the most time playing are Football Manager and Out of the Park Baseball, and with those two games it's easy enough to do some complex customisation like putting my home town team in the English Premier League, or create a new take on MLB.
Some games limit the customisation (EA Sports seems to do this) by giving you a finite number of options. Think the only limit on customisation on for example a created team is your own imagination and ability.

Ability is the other aspect, with FM and OOTP it's relatively easy, and even though I'm not that good at say creating a jersey for OOTP there's a community out there that does it. What looks good about The Golf Club is that the customisation looks both complex yet simple, can rennet the old Links Golf Course Creator back in the early 2000s, that was easy enough to create a course, but to make the complex greens etc was a lot harder, this appears to have got that balance correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »