Home

MLB 14 The Show: Debating the Merits of Quick Counts

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Debating the Merits of Quick Counts within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #41
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
My only complaint is too many 3 ball and/or 2 strike counts. There should be more 1-1 counts than any other count especially 3-2 counts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2
I really enjoy the quick count feature, but I do believe a bit more logic can be built it. I.E. Runners on base: maybe limit the batter count, 0-1, 1-1, 1-0. that should alleviate the concern with bunting, stealing, etc.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #43
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Debating the Merits of Quick Counts

No question there is some give and take. But I feel the love of this feature. I love playing multiple seasons in my franchise and playing multiple classic roster seasons......this feature along with cross platform saving has taken The Show to new heights for me!

I only expect quick counts to be further tweaked and tuned going forward.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-26-2014, 08:43 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
I personally love it... when I'm pitching. While I'm hitting I would prefer a blank slate. If the option to turn it on for batting only, or pitching only, or both, were available, I think it'd be perfect.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Debating the Merits of Quick Counts

I think it's an awesome feature. I know people want to steal and bunt, but in real life stuff happens that prevent you from doing what you want to do when you want to do it.

I just accept that part of it and move along. But overall it's a great addition to a great game, especially for people that have time constraints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #46
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
With all the issues with MLB14's franchise mode that makes it unplayable, I would have typically popped back in MLB13 if it werent for QC's, thats how much I love this feature. As I write this, I am finally rebooting MLB13, but normally it wouldnt have taken me this long to do that with a game as broken as 14's franchise mode is.

Im one who dont like to skip thru cutscenes and watch everything, but alos dont have a lot of time or patience teither, so QC's is perfect, plus its much easier to draw realistic number of walks, for you as well as the AI.

I really hope franchise mode gets fixed for 14, cause QC's is something I will have a hard time playing without now, but might have too, if they dont fix franchise, sadly.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »