Home

The Great White Whale of Sports Gaming: Realism

This is a discussion on The Great White Whale of Sports Gaming: Realism within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: The Great White Whale of Sports Gaming: Realism

People keep saying realism or sim doesn't sell. How do they know? Fans want the depth and realism that allow them various results and outcomes.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well most games have sliders. Devs could just release sim sliders. 2k has it built in but even those aren't real SIM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Everyone should go back to playing NFL2k5 then.

Everyone seems to know exactly what they are going to get before even playing it, so just go back to your PS2 and have a nice day.

I can bet almost 99% of people who come on here and compiling about Madden, or any other game for that matter, will STILL buy the game.

And if course come on here and bog down message boards with complaints.

I dare you to not buy it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
i tried madden 25 but traded it in shortly after and i was not hesitant at all. Good try though to keep people on the EA bandwagon.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
My frustration with these games comes more from a lack of realism in the environment that the games exist in. The first NHL game on Sega Genesis would show highlights from OTHER GAMES when you were competing in playoff mode. To not have this type of feature in any of the major games this many years later robs the player of a 'realistic' virtual environment in which they are asked to spend so much time in.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:30 AM   #21
Banned

Goodydog's Arena

No. Other games/developers have accomplished true progress toward creating a realistic experience. While those games are not perfect, gamers can recognize the effort. 2K, San Diego Studios, Polyphany (Gran Turismo), and Turn 10 have established a history of providing a realistic experience; their games aren't perfect, but their effort is. Consumers can measure the progress when they compare previous games to their current counterparts. When gamers compare Gran Turismo 1 or 2 with Forza 5, we appreciate the past AND we appreciate the present - WE DON'T WISH FOR THE PAST!

Conversely, when many gamers compare the effort demonstrated in NFL 2K5 with the effort displayed in Madden...MANY WISH FOR THE EFFORT OF THE PAST! Simply put, Madden hasn't measured up for years. 2K football might be gone, but thanks to the lackluster effort of EA since they have had exclusivity, 2K5 is far from forgotten. It is what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Everyone should go back to playing NFL2k5 then.

Everyone seems to know exactly what they are going to get before even playing it, so just go back to your PS2 and have a nice day.

I can bet almost 99% of people who come on here and compiling about Madden, or any other game for that matter, will STILL buy the game.

And if course come on here and bog down message boards with complaints.

I dare you to not buy it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
This is the truth.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #23
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
I'm not sure this article truly encompasses the legitimate reaction to EA UFC so far. People saying the controls are tough, which I honestly haven't seen much of at all, and people saying it's unrealistic for someone to take 20 head kicks and keep coming, I mean, it's totally different arguments.

I will admit that with Madden, well, it gets more complicated. This article is accurate there. People are already complaining that they aren't seeing the defense cover routes well in the videos yet I'm sure if the routes were covered "too well" we would be going through the "psychic DB" outcry all over again. I concede that EA has a hard job trying to please everyone there. Again, with Madden, it's complicated.

With EA UFC, it's not. It's simple. Very simple.

Did EA try to makes a sports game or an arcade fighting game? You tell me.

Whatever the answer is changes the perspective entirely.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:13 AM   #24
Banned

ufc is way too arcade like. I can kick someone in the head 10 times in the first round and still no KO. Very dissapointing EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »