Home

Press Row Podcast - NBA 2K15 Afterthoughts and NBA Live 15 Initial Impressions

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - NBA 2K15 Afterthoughts and NBA Live 15 Initial Impressions within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
First off I do have the 6 hour trial of nba live. I must say I wish ppl would stop saying the players don't move and you have to press a button to get to motion, that's the default settings because they implemented that ncaa future with LB/L1 button. You can go to the settings and turn on auto motion which make your teammates move automatically based on where your moving with the ball. So I recommend ppl do this first before playing 5 on 5. The shot timing is quicker then 2k but if you watch your players hand get to the top of their hehead should get a decent release. I have got a great release with a player in my face but of course I was using a good shooter like Ray Allen. I think having a good shooter, timing, defense pressure and shooting in traffic stats plays a role in making shots with a player on you, mmatter fact Ea talked about this in an interview or blog.

The game does a great job with punishing you for not playing good defense, so if you leave the cpu open they going to take the shot, I haven't seen yet a player open at the three take that shot that isn't known to take that particular shot. I feel so far players are taken shots they would do in a real game.

Animations are better but needs more improvements which they already planned to do through out the season. They stated so many times this year rising star and Dynasty mode didn't really get touched other then things you can't really see, they only focused on gameplay and visuals this year, modes is going to be worked on next year and on 17. Team up is coming online next year as well!

I didn't touch online cause I know it's not a lot of ppl playing the game or playing online.

This game is fun and if you compared to 2k or an huge 2k fan you might not love it but I feel anybody should be able to have fun with it. They are some areas in this game that are just better then 2k and others are worst then 2k.

I'm enjoying it, I have 14. Sean obrian said from day one it's a process, they taken their time building a game for the long haul not just for one year get the bus to see or wait until theyy get to the point where your saying dang this game how what I want

So far I seen more ppl liking the game overall this year compared to not liking it at all.
This is a good write up man. I have the trial as well and disagree with the fun factor from my perspective, but anyone who loved Live 10 should be excited because better days could be coming. I come from the perspective that this is 2014 and our expectations for sports games in general have risen drastically over the last half decade. From modes, to graphics, to capturing the smallest of nuances about basketball, I feel Live 15 is way off gameplay wise. I don't see the base they have now ever being tuned to be any serious competition this generation. The work they did on the graphics from 14 to 15 is noticed, but it's still so far behind where we are these days style wise. When 2k14 was released, it was the next gen benchmark for graphics out of all games. I don't see this base of Live getting to that point this generation.

Gameplay wise 2K started high and just have to fine tune year over year. I feel that we've yet to see Live ever nail gameplay for the expectations that we've had since the beginning of 360/PS3 days, besides a small spark with Live 10. But that game was so long ago and now they're trying to get back there with a full experience, 5 or 6 years later.. Not good.

For true competition I would like to see Live either brand itself a 5 on 5 simulation alternative (arcade base), or do what they tried to do with Elite, which is a full reboot. I've come to accept the Live I grew up on was fun, but it was never because it was simulation, just a great experience with friends. Live is so far behind that I don't want the suits to cancel it as it chases a juggernaut. If they made the game smoother, added a NBA Street mode and innovated some new twists for fun with 5 on 5 gameplay, you can become a reason for gamers to buy two basketball games. As of now it's hard to sell a work in progress that may never catch up, that has a lack of modes, no editing and no sliders. Just an honest take from a Bball player, Bball lover and a Bball game enthusiast.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
This is a good write up man. I have the trial as well and disagree with the fun factor from my perspective, but anyone who loved Live 10 should be excited because better days could be coming. I come from the perspective that this is 2014 and our expectations for sports games in general have risen drastically over the last half decade. From modes, to graphics, to capturing the smallest of nuances about basketball, I feel Live 15 is way off gameplay wise. I don't see the base they have now ever being tuned to be any serious competition this generation. The work they did on the graphics from 14 to 15 is noticed, but it's still so far behind where we are these days style wise. When 2k14 was released, it was the next gen benchmark for graphics out of all games. I don't see this base of Live getting to that point this generation.

Gameplay wise 2K started high and just have to fine tune year over year. I feel that we've yet to see Live ever nail gameplay for the expectations that we've had since the beginning of 360/PS3 days, besides a small spark with Live 10. But that game was so long ago and now they're trying to get back there with a full experience, 5 or 6 years later.. Not good.

For true competition I would like to see Live either brand itself a 5 on 5 simulation alternative (arcade base), or do what they tried to do with Elite, which is a full reboot. I've come to accept the Live I grew up on was fun, but it was never because it was simulation, just a great experience with friends. Live is so far behind that I don't want the suits to cancel it as it chases a juggernaut. If they made the game smoother, added a NBA Street mode and innovated some new twists for fun with 5 on 5 gameplay, you can become a reason for gamers to buy two basketball games. As of now it's hard to sell a work in progress that may never catch up, that has a lack of modes, no editing and no sliders. Just an honest take from a Bball player, Bball lover and a Bball game enthusiast.
From your point of view I understand completely. Ea will never be a fully SIM game that's just not their style. Honestly I don't want two games that looks and play the same if that's the case they might as well work together. I think live is slowly adding some SIM to their game but that's its all it's going to be. Their graphics is crazy right now just not the same style of 2ks so ppl keep saying it's not that good which is not true, its the style is what ppl don't Like or use too.

The game modes are coming, they just taken their time building the game up right which I'm fine with, but it would be nice to get a price cut until it's up to this generation standard for a full game of 60dollars. I did hear one of the workers on the game saying that nba street is in their minds but it's not going to happen until they think Live is on real good standings. The game is not getting cancelled, they already hired more ppl to work on 16 n 17, plus they already got started on Live 16.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvese
i love the press row podcasts, but i really getting sick of the guests not playing or barely playing the games that are being discussed. either play to game or dont even bother to show up. Owen & Rich seems to be the only people that actually play these games
HA! I love this comment. Samit is the WORST culprit. He generally shows up and prefaces most analysis with "well I haven't really played it but..."

Besides that I am a regular listener and always enjoy the show!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »