Home

Vote Now: Your Sports Game of the Year

This is a discussion on Vote Now: Your Sports Game of the Year within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What was your 2014 Sports Game of the Year?
MLB 14 The Show The results are hidden 0%
NASCAR '14 The results are hidden 0%
Trials Fusion The results are hidden 0%
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil The results are hidden 0%
Out of the Park Baseball 15 The results are hidden 0%
EA Sports UFC The results are hidden 0%
Mario Kart 8 The results are hidden 0%
MotoGP 14 The results are hidden 0%
The Golf Club The results are hidden 0%
Madden NFL 15 The results are hidden 0%
NHL 15 The results are hidden 0%
FIFA 15 The results are hidden 0%
Forza Horizon 2 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K15 The results are hidden 0%
NBA Live 15 The results are hidden 0%
WWE 2K15 The results are hidden 0%
PES 2015 The results are hidden 0%
Football Manager 2015 The results are hidden 0%
Super Mega Baseball The results are hidden 0%
Other The results are hidden 0%
Voters: 691. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #25
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Vote Now: Your Sports Game of the Year

For me it's between FIFA and MLB the Show.

But I'd vote for College Hoops 2k8 every year if I could.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #26
Rookie

kisstopher5's Arena

OVR: 0

I voted EA UFC. Game was barely a 5 out of 10 when released, but they have fixed and added many things and it seems they aren't done yet. Wish there more single player offline options, but still fun to play. NBA 2K is a close 2nd.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:36 PM   #27
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

EA really hit it out with Fifa and ufc. Way out. I wish more people would have had the opportunity to play them.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #28
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

I feel it's been a really good year for sports games with most of the major sports having strong releases minus that joke of a NHL game.

NBA 2K15 has has some nice improvements, The Show was solid as usual and made a great debut on PS4, Madden made great strides and is easily the best Madden game ever released, UFC is pretty solid but missing some depth, and there have been a few standout racing games like Mario Kart, Driveclub and Forza Horizon 2, but FIFA 15 gets my vote.

The visuals and presentation saw nice improvements, all of the EPL teams stadiums are in and most of the league has their player likenesses on point. There have been so many little touches added to the game that go unnoticed that add to the immersion like players picking their heads up looking for targets in the box when in crossing situations, players putting their arms behind their backs when defending in the box and players pointing towards open areas directing traffic.

Online modes seem more stable, and the feature that allows you to immediate search for another game without requiring you to drop back to the menus or lobbies is a god send. Gameplay has been tightened up with the easy over-the-top throughballs issue from previous years finally being addressed, and passing and moving is much more responsive. Some extra layers of strategy are available now like default settings for corner kick plays and customizable player roles and behaviors you can adjust. The only real downside that I've noticed after hundreds of games is the marketed Goalkeeper A.I. improvements have some real issues that still need to be addressed, but nothing gamebreaking after they patched the exploitable near post goals in the first week or two. FIFA 15 is Sports GOTY for me.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:47 AM   #29
Banned

I voted vor Madden 15. Seriously, I have not seen this much time with a football game since FPS FB Pro '98. And I say this as someone who has not enjoyed a Madden game in 20 years.

I think Forza Horizon 2 could be up for best game of the year, but I really don't see it as a sports game.

I play FIFA 15, NHL 15, and NBA 2K15 regularly, but Madden is the game that exudes the most fun.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #30
Rookie

NBA 2K 15 hands down......a solid game every year. FIfa 15 is a close second and Madden needs work on the ridiculous and out of control sacks.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #31
Rookie

MLBTS had a horrific midnight release debacle, and online was unplayable.

NBA2K15 is incredible visually, and post-patch is my go-to game ATM.

Madden was my game of the year. I sunk countless hours playing online, and find it not as predictable as any Football game in recent memory. Can't wait to see where it goes in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #32
Rookie

NBA 2K15 gets my vote. Especially post Patch 3. UFC was great but had a lackluster online and campaign experience. PES is a close second for me though.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »