Home

Vote For Your Sports Game of the Year, And More!

This is a discussion on Vote For Your Sports Game of the Year, And More! within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Vote For Your Sports Game of the Year, And More!

It's that time of the year again! The annual Stevies are going to go off without a hitch (we hope) with reader voting now open! The 2014 Sports Gaming Year was a pretty good one, despite the launch day issues many titles seemed to struggle with.

It was as if every title was bent on starting as slow as possible before finally arriving at a level that'd best be described as 'good' by the end of this year.

This year, we are voting on three categories for the end of the year awards: Sports Game of the Year, The Indie/Arcade Sports Game of the Year, and the Best New Feature of 2014. Cast your ballot and be sure to check back the first week of the new year to find out who the winners are!

Vote for Sports Game of the Year
Vote for the Indie/Arcade Sports Game of the Year
Vote for the Best New Feature of 2014
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best sports game is tough this year. Games like madden, and fifa are improved it's not like its ground breaking for either series. NHL has the biggest gameplay difference in a good way this year yet the product is so barebones you can't even bring it up. If there was an award for most future potential I would vote madden. It's really looking on the up and up yet they still have a lot of things they can overhaul and or improve significantly.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13
I agree it is a tough vote, but not in a good way. For me, sports gaming has been more and more disappointing in recent times. Fewer choices, fewer sports even represented, few real advances, etc. Just really a disappointing year for sports games.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Other than FIFA15. I think most are just ok. NBA2k could play a great basketball game but missing overlays and error presentations have it on shaky ground especially since most have been waiting 3 months just to get a good franchise started. NHL is great in gameplay but so limited its not even in the discussion. And Madden... Well what can be said other than the game is a flat out bore. This is one series that just needs to die. And start with a different company. EA has played this poor title out. It doesn't play a good game of football at all. Too much fluff and not enough substance. My pick would be Fifa but it too needs work.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:13 AM   #5
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
The best sport tittle i played in 2014 is Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014....... http://www.konami.jp/prospi/2014/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Tie between Madden 15 and MLB the Show, but if I had to pick one it would be Madden, and thats just cause of how broken MLB was with its online leagues.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
Banned

Anyone that says madden 15 is smoking. It's not CLOSE to being as good as NBA 2k15 in gameplay, presentation, or game modes. Yes, I do have both. It's a no brainer NBA 2k15. THE END (unless you can make an argument for Fifa, but between Madden and Nba 2k15, it's a clear victory for Nba 2k15. Now it's truly THE END
Old 12-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
Banned

EA UFC is my sports GOTY. NBA 2k15 is a close 2nd after the patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »