Home

Are Console-Like Gaming PCs A Good Choice for Sports Gamers?

This is a discussion on Are Console-Like Gaming PCs A Good Choice for Sports Gamers? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 12:21 PM   #9
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I haven't made the jump to PS4/XBONE yet. We also need a new computer, so I'm seriously considering making the move to PC gaming permanently. However, I'd like to be able to play games on my basement TV rather than my PC monitor, so I'm torn whether to get a laptop.
You can try the Steam Link.
http://store.steampowered.com/universe/link
Old 06-16-2015, 08:14 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 35
That's interesting. Thanks.

And thanks for this thread. I investigated Alienware and I'm seriously considering picking one up, but probably not until the holiday season:
1) to hopefully find a good deal on one; and
2) for Star Wars Battlefront.

It seems like the Alienware is so small, it wouldn't be too hard to move it between our office and the basement TV. But the Steam Link would save that trouble.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #11
Rookie

Weisszach's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are Console-Like Gaming PCs A Good Choice for Sports Gamers?

Don't know why but sports games seem to feel more at home on consoles than PCs. Sports games are a major factor of what I play so it will be PS4 for me all day long. The ability of gameplay recording using the PS4 and editing software that comes with it is another draw. True it is never going to be as good as a PC for editing but it is if, like me, you want a simple and quick option then this can't be beat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm thinking about getting one

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2015, 01:19 AM   #13
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Currently, no. NBA 2k and Fifa are really your only options at this point as far as sports games. Mlb 2k12 is kinda hard to find and it's expensive if you do find it (Not worth it). MVP 05 is even more expensive and it's honestly long past stale imo. Mods make it tolerable for a while until the nostalgia wears off. And if you've spent any time with the show in recent years then MVP is pretty much unplayable. But if baseball is what your looking for then you may as well just get a PS4. If Ea ever starts to release Madden, NBA Live and NHL on pc again, then I think it becomes worth it IF your looking to buy just for sports. If your just looking for a console alternative then yes it's worth it. Especially if your leaning towards buying an Xbox one. I got my Xbox one for christmas and if it wasn't for my kids it would never see any action. Pc gets pretty much the same games as Xbox minus a few exclusives and the huge Steam sales and library make up for that.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »