Home

Don't Expect EA Access on the PS4 Anytime Soon

This is a discussion on Don't Expect EA Access on the PS4 Anytime Soon within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2015, 06:21 PM   #25
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Don't Expect EA Access on the PS4 Anytime Soon

I'm happy with my PS4-only. While I would love if EA Access was brought to the console, it -- and even EA's games having minutely better graphics (color) on XB1 -- certainly is not enough for me to plunk down another $400 for another system. (The only other game of interest to me is Forza 6.) And rather than spending an additional $400 to play EA games five days early, I think I can exercise some patience there.

Oh, and as a major sports gamer, one of the reasons I went with PS4 was because of The Show -- decision I never regretted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #26
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2
If they ever expanded the Vault games to include much older games I would think about it.

Fifa World Cup 2002
MVP Baseball 2005
MVP NCAA Baseball 06 or 07
Fifa World Cup 2006
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14
NCAA Football 14

If they included any one of those games, I would probably purchase the EA Access.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:14 PM   #27
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
I can think of a couple of reasons to own a PS4, over Xbox-one for sports gamers right now. PES 2016, no image importer on the Xbox-one and Super Mega Baseball on the same level as MLB The Show, come on now.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:30 PM   #28
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
I think I know the real reason EA Access is on the Xbox One and not the PS4 yet. It's because EA is using the "Friend Share" features that were made for the Online DRMed Xbox One. An exciting part of the online DRMed Xbox One was a feature called "Friend Share". This feature would let any 10 selected friends play or "borrow" the full version of any game you owned for a pre-selected amount of time, set by the games publisher. After your time had expired, you would have to buy the game to continue playing. Sound familiar yet? This is the same system used to give all EA Access members, timed or unlimited access to selected EA games.

Sony does not have a system in place to manage digital rights to this extent in the PS4, nor do they want to pay to develop those themselves.
And because EA went to both Sony and Microsoft and Sony declined. Sony actually came out and said that they didn't think it offered enough value for the PS4 owners. Whether they actually believe that or just want to limit competitors to PS+, this is what it is.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:38 PM   #29
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_u_treble
If they ever expanded the Vault games to include much older games I would think about it.

Fifa World Cup 2002
MVP Baseball 2005
MVP NCAA Baseball 06 or 07
Fifa World Cup 2006
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14
NCAA Football 14

If they included any one of those games, I would probably purchase the EA Access.
That would be amazing. MVP Baseball would have me hooked.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #30
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I'm happy with my PS4-only. While I would love if EA Access was brought to the console, it -- and even EA's games having minutely better graphics (color) on XB1 -- certainly is not enough for me to plunk down another $400 for another system. (The only other game of interest to me is Forza 6.) And rather than spending an additional $400 to play EA games five days early, I think I can exercise some patience there.

Oh, and as a major sports gamer, one of the reasons I went with PS4 was because of The Show -- decision I never regretted.
Is the whole "EA games have better color on Xboxone" fact or opinion?
Old 08-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #31
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Last year this single handedly took the wind out of the sails of any remaining #ForTheGamers momentum they may have had remaining from launch.

I purchased Dragon Age because of the trial and played more sports games this year than I ever have as a mostly superstar-mode player.

EA Access has been much more valuable than the games provided by both Games with Gold and PS+ with the exception of Rocket League.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 7
This Peter Moore guys is such an ***. If I didn't love the NFL, EA and this putz would never get any of my money.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »