Home

2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Gameplay

This is a discussion on 2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Gameplay within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Gameplay

Ah yes gameplay. The nuts and bolts of how a game actually plays on the field, ice, pitch, track, etc. (when it comes to sports games at least). Everything from how the game controls, to its realism, to its balance encompasses gameplay. In 2015, gameplay was an almost universally high quality amongst sports games. That meant picking winners was a little difficult...

Read More - 2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
I don't get the fascination with the NBA 2K Franchise. To me, the controls are clunky and confusing. The control scheme it'self seems like a confusing maze of button and stick combinations to navigate to get the player you're controlling to do the simplest maneuver. Even the game menus are confusing. I buy into the hype about every other year and pick the game up and every other year I play it a handful of times (maybe a half dozen 10-15 minutes play sessions) and never touch it again. I usually play the cpu and turn the game off before the first game is over...I let it sit then come back to it a couple weeks later and do the same thing over again. It could be that I just don't have the patience to learn the complex control scheme but it seems to me much of this game could be way more intuitive. And I'm talking everything from performing moves on the court to making substitutions in game.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA should be ashamed that Madden didint make this list..they have no competition, the most finances, the most resources and its the best sport in america....Terrible...Well deserved for the 3 winners!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2
I would argue that Madden is better (game play wise) than two of the games on this list, sales figures would probably validate that as well....MLB being the best for sure. I own all of these games, including rocket league and can say I've played this years Madden and MLB more than any other other game I've ever bought...and that's going back 30 years. I'm really stoked about the current state of my favorite sports (baseball-football). We're getting to the stage of gaming evolution where they're not battling things like lag and game options (leagues/online play/game modes/ect.) but are to the point where they are fine tuning details of game play. If MLB can figure a better system for holding runners on/stealing and implement some player collision detection in the field they'll have that sport nailed. As it is I'm happy with what we have.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #5
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I'm sure Rocket League is a cool game. But what "sport" is that again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I'm sure Rocket League is a cool game. But what "sport" is that again?
NASCAR Soccer.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19
this is the fist year that I disagree with the choice.
2k this year is frustrating in a bad way.
there were too many changes to the control schems this year. some which were down right awful, play calling and subbing players come to mind.
and did they get rid of the box out feature for rebounding?
and where's the defense. defense. some folks like defense. like playing defense. this includes team defense.

the game is still good but not as good as some of the versions from years past. (2k15 is my favorite followed by 2k11) IMO< 2k16 is beautiful to look at, and presentation are what shine, not the gameplay.

Id give the title to MLB the Show. the commentary is the only issue, but I believe that is on purpose. The commentary is purposefully bland, cause I believe they are trying to capture that lazy Saturday afternoon baseball feel. iid still like to see amjor overhaul though, to give the presentation more life.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Semipro91's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
this is the fist year that I disagree with the choice.
2k this year is frustrating in a bad way.
there were too many changes to the control schems this year. some which were down right awful, play calling and subbing players come to mind.
and did they get rid of the box out feature for rebounding?
and where's the defense. defense. some folks like defense. like playing defense. this includes team defense.

the game is still good but not as good as some of the versions from years past. (2k15 is my favorite followed by 2k11) IMO< 2k16 is beautiful to look at, and presentation are what shine, not the gameplay.

Id give the title to MLB the Show. the commentary is the only issue, but I believe that is on purpose. The commentary is purposefully bland, cause I believe they are trying to capture that lazy Saturday afternoon baseball feel. iid still like to see amjor overhaul though, to give the presentation more life.
You might be confused with a different NBA title. 2K16 has some flaws but it is by far, the best Defensive Basketball game to date.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »