Home

2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Online Experience

This is a discussion on 2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Online Experience within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2016, 02:29 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Online Experience

Online is where I spend 90 percent of my sports-gaming life. I love playing with and against others in sports games so the Best Online Experience category is the one nearest and dearest to my heart. So I'm happy to say this was a really good year for online gaming. We got an amazing new experience in Rocket League, NBA 2K took steps towards figuring out their online difficulties, NHL 16's EASHL returned with a new twist, and overall we got some really solid multi-year online franchise options in a lot of the biggest sports games of 2015. With all that being said, let's get to the winners for the Best Online Experience of 2015.

Read More - 2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Online Experience
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
MLB 16...lag free hitting/pitching interface is the greatest accomplishment in sports gaming in probably 10 years.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm scratching my head at the staff choice. You're giving EA a pat on the back for putting back in a mode they left out last year? Really?
Old 01-11-2016, 06:31 PM   #4
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Re: 2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Online Experience

Quote:
As it relates to the fan voting, I was a little surprised NHL 16 did not make it into the top three for best online experience (it came in fourth). Perhaps some were still turned off by the previous year's game, perhaps some don't think it should get bonus points for re-introducing EASHL after it already existed in another form, or perhaps some just don't think NHL 16 is very good online -- and may also miss the online franchise mode.
Here's a fourth option: the NHL 16 board is a whining mess. The negativity of that section is pretty appalling. Say one good word about the game, and you get bombarded with HURR THEY PUT IN MASCOTS BUT NOT GM CONNECTED HURR. I can't even post there anymore because of that stupidity.

Last edited by spidertour02; 01-11-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:39 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietlife
I'm scratching my head at the staff choice. You're giving EA a pat on the back for putting back in a mode they left out last year? Really?
NHL 16 didn't simply bring back the old EASHL, it redesigned the mode in a way that's created more balanced gameplay and has eliminated the pay-to-win/grind-to-win equipment boosts & attribute leveling.

There isn't a better-designed online team play mode than NHL 16's EASHL, which is why I voted for it over NBA 2K16's Pro Am or FIFA 16's Clubs, as both of those games are still relying on the old pay-to-win/grind-to-win model instead of using a competitively balanced system.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-11-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2016, 10:41 PM   #6
Rookie

is the OPS staff smoking DOPE? EASHL was your pick??!! YA because CAPTAIN LAG is a big problem since the beta and its still not fixed and most teams wanna be the away team now WWE 2K16 servers are better this year than NHL16 EASHL mode

Last edited by undertaker9999; 01-11-2016 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Forgot Letter
Old 01-12-2016, 12:09 AM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
MLB 16...lag free hitting/pitching interface is the greatest accomplishment in sports gaming in probably 10 years.
It's nice they finally did it and I played more Show online than I had my previous five years combined, but it was long overdue considering other sports games deliver an experience close to the offline one already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker9999
is the OPS staff smoking DOPE? EASHL was your pick??!! YA because CAPTAIN LAG is a big problem since the beta and its still not fixed and most teams wanna be the away team now WWE 2K16 servers are better this year than NHL16 EASHL mode
Sorry but haven't really experienced this in the 200 or so games that have been played this year in EASHL. Captain Lag is fun to attribute to stuff and maybe there's some semblance of truth to it because it's not like people haven't brought it up before, but it's not consistent in my experience to call it a thing -- a random person is laggy here and there, but it's not always the captain and so on. Bummer it hasn't been consistent for you though.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:10 AM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietlife
Hey Quietlife, sorry if my explanation in the article didn't help you understand why EASHL was chosen.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »