Home

Community Split on Sports Game Ratings' Accuracy in OS Poll

This is a discussion on Community Split on Sports Game Ratings' Accuracy in OS Poll within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Community Split on Sports Game Ratings' Accuracy in OS Poll

In recent years, we’ve seen each sports title’s marketing department build a lot of buzz around the unveiling of player ratings in the buildup to release day. Fans debate these ratings on social media, and even players are seen publicly lobbying for better ratings on ESPN and Twitter.

Among all the hype emerges a simple but important question: how accurate are these ratings?

In a recent front page poll on Operation Sports, nearly 1000 sports gamers weighed in and the results were close to split: a little over half think ratings are either “very accurate” or “more good than bad”; a little less than half say they are “mixed” or “inaccurate more than accurate.”

Both sides seem to have valid arguments.

Read More - Community Split on Sports Game Ratings' Accuracy in OS Poll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 05:51 PM   #2
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10
As long as the respective ratings turn out to play well in gameplay, I'm just fine. Sometimes it seems they look well on paper, but don't pay well. Love what 2K does with tendencies. For me, I want each player to feel different.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:57 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'd love to be able to hide the ratings and have to rely on scouting reports and statistics.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #4
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1
Recently I've gotten into the MyGM game mode in NBA 2K17 and it truly amazes me how every player has a different "feel" to them. The way they move, the way they shoot, dribble and sprint all feels weighty and that has been my biggest complaint with EA's NHL and Madden series which all feel feathery and unrealistic.

Until they get it right (if they ever?) I will continue to only invest time and money into 2K's NBA series and Sony's The Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »