Home

Is Play Now the Forgotten Mode or the Most Played Mode?

This is a discussion on Is Play Now the Forgotten Mode or the Most Played Mode? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Is Play Now the Forgotten Mode or the Most Played Mode?

If I'm being honest, I basically only use "play now" in sports games at this point....

Written By: Phil Varckette

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is Play Now the Forgotten Mode or the Most Played Mode?

MLB the Show now has a feature where you can transfer your season save forward from year to year .... so you can continue playing the same in-game season each successive annual iteration of the game
Old 12-07-2018, 08:34 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21
Always do Play Now.* Do not have time or energy to devote to full seasons or franchises.* I also prefer using classic teams which I or others create and just enjoy matching the 61 Yanks vs the 74 A's, or the 66 Packers vs the 89 49ers...classic match ups like that.* It's a shame that at least Madden plays differently in Play Now vs CFM...it causes us to use different settings and sliders than everyone else to achieve perceived realism.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
Rookie

I exclusively play "Play Now Offline" in all of my sports game. As a busy adult with a family, I dont have the time to invest in Franchise/Dynasty mode anymore and I dont play any games online, as the lack of maturity in all online gaming causes me more stress than it alleviates (which is why I play games in the first place, to relax.) Also as a former pro football player I have issues with people who think because they know "Madden" they know the game. So I keep to my offline Play Now.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Wow that first paragraph is me in a nutshell. *I always think I'll get around to playing other modes but it's just easier and more convenient to hit play now and select watchever match up I want based on the teams and players I'm interested in or upcoming games. *
Some people might think this is a waste or that I'm missing out on great modes but I always feel like I get my money's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am similar, but I prefer to jump right into playoff mode (if available) or play a single season....(short season option in NHL or NBA games are a must for me). Pretty much the same reasons: limited time, I hate simming games, and I like the variety of frequently changing teams.

Another thing I have done in the past with Madden was to sim a full season, and then play out each of the 11 playoff games....picking whichever team I felt like . It was fun. I would recommend to anyone looking to play individual games with a postseason flavor. Worth noting that I predate video games, and as a kid played sports games that had cards & dice and I was content to play for both teams......a concept that is probably foreign and unappealing to most folks these days.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:32 AM   #7
Rookie

I like playing regular seasons *and playoffs on the major team sports games always *using offline play now. I usuallyplay the games taking place on same day choosing the ones I prefer to play *(mostly using my favorite teams or those matching the best teams ).. I either play the whole game or simulate part of it depending on time availability. I then keep track of the scores and add/subtract to real *life team records *if the outcome differs from real life. This enables me to play with most updated rosters and stats’ *every time and have the closest to *impacting a real life season with my gaming play which is what i’m interested in....I’d love one day to be able to play with a mode that progresses with real life scores and happenings but taking into account scores *and stats of games you’re able to play*
Old 12-07-2018, 11:35 AM   #8
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

NFL2k5 had this awesome Play Now feature where you could select your teams and then randomize the starters. As a head-to-head couch game, this really made it fun to fire up a game against your most loved and competitive friend over and over and over.*

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »