Home

Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Operation Sports

This is a discussion on Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Operation Sports within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
I have been a member here since 2006 when I randomly stumbled across this site looking for Madden information.* Since signing up, I check this site nearly daily for all of my gaming information and updates. Over the past 12 years, I do not think there is any site I have spent more time visiting than OS.*

Steve- All I can say is THANK YOU for your commitment to this site and the gaming community as a whole. I look forward to the next chapter and growth for Operation Sports.

Cheers!- Chris
Old 11-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #10
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Operation Sports

Wow! Not sure if I should be sad or happy but congrats on the deal. I've been on this site since 98 and found very useful information both gaming and non-gaming. Sports related or non-sports related. I hope much doesn't change and this is just another phase in O.S. development.

Once again, congrats!
Old 11-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #11
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Thanks for everything Steve. For the past 15 years, OperationSports has been my home page. I don't see that changing any time soon.
Keep on pushing ahead!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8
Congratulations!! I love the OS and what it has meant to the sports gaming community since forever. I went from being a college student reading OS, to now being a husband, and a father, who reads the OS with my son lol. I'm eager to see the growth ahead and I hope I can get back to writing some more blog posts in the future.*

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 11-14-2018, 04:26 PM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Operation Sports

Congrats, Steve! I'm sure, as you said, this wasn't an easy decision to make, but sounds like it's a great opportunity for the future of OS.

If you expand your pool of writers, I'd be happy to contribute.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #14
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
250k is no joke, I think everyone here would have done the same. I've been a member since '03 and had been visiting the site frequently before becoming a member. I don't post with any regularity, but I visit the site daily. Congrats and good luck.*
Old 11-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #15
Rookie

rupe's Arena

OVR: 7
As a 44 year old gamer who has spent many nights on these forums (mostly when we had college football and basketball games) I appreciate all you did for the community.* *A place where old dads could still geek out and try sliders and rosters to make there games "more real".* I hope with the change the community remains and your "baby" grows into something you never imagined possible...in a good way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
Honestly Steve I assumed you did this full time and it generated enough money to pay you full time. Hats offer the what must have been an enormous struggle keeping this monster of a site going.

its a shame that you can’t do this full time under the new ownership.

whatever happens thanks for everything this site has provided over the years...

I am a US sports fan in the UK And this site kept me sane when I need named rosters for NCAA games for years and when I imported American madden versions coz UK version Didn’t have draft class options... here was the place I got draft classes.

so many times average games have been lifted to Greatness because of this site .

good luck and thanks*

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »