Home

Sliders: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

This is a discussion on Sliders: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Sliders: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

It’s a time-honored tradition here for all of us at Operation Sports. Every year, we...

Written By: Jeff Thomas

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

OVR: 0
There was an article on OS a few weeks back about MyLeague sliders. The article promised a follow-up. I would love to read that and the author's conclusions about multi-year slider options. The initial impression was that the franchise sliders are most definitely necessary because after a few years of simulating, the out-of-the-box game was not calibrated for long-term accuracy.*
Old 11-20-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

Taking a Look at NBA 2K19 MyLeague and Why Sliders Are Necessary*
https://www.operationsports.com/taking-a-look-at-nba-2k19-myleague-and-why-sliders-are-necessary/*
Old 11-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
"Slideritis" is real and debilitating. I'm still fine-tuning NCAA 14 on my 360. Four years in, and I feel like I'm close now. I should be playing actual games in another six months. Very excited!
Old 11-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 33
I think the Slider issue really depends on how far you are into a cycle with a certain title & in how you play a particular game. I’ve been playing titles such as NBA 2K, Madden, MLB The Show ect., for years. I make a point of copying the same slider set 1 Year to the next & then making what is often just minor adjustments to each game on that particular years game. Of course if you’re new to a game & are aiming to *make tweaks then it can be a bit of a minefield. There are plenty of ‘recommended’ Slider Sets Online but these more than often rely on you having the ability of playing the game to an elite standard (unlikely if you’re new to a game).
I recommend playing *a few Games on default & then making small adjustments to areas that don’t quite sit right with you. The key is not to make big adjustments & don’t judge any adjustments you do make too quickly. It can take time & you’ll never create perfection but with a little effort you can normally find some satisfaction.
Ultimately we all have an individual skill set that applies to each game. If playing within a competitive environment such as e-sports then I think things should be left on default but if you’re simply trying to create the most realistic game within a private domain then sliders will always have a part to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #6
Rookie

kenchun24's Arena

Looking for Realistic Franchise Mode slider setting while watching MNF last night...
Meh, the WWNFL is officially a full on videogame Big 12 football league college game with how much the rules favor offenses, WR's, TE's, and especially QB's can do whatever they want with no repercussions.*

So I guess the one positive of that is that now I don't have to waste time with slider setups before games, play now, after 1 year of a Franchise etc etc...the new madden setting for "realism" is pretty much Rookie 15 min quarters 85-83 outcomes. Yay!
Old 11-20-2018, 08:41 PM   #7
Rookie

I would NEVER buy Madden if it did not have sliders. *With that being said, they still do not all work as they should. *Defensive Holding does not exist/get called in Madden 19—I have *the defensive holding slider on 99. *Pass interference does not get called nearly enough. *All these things that impact the NFL on Sundays do not exist in Madden and make CPU AI defense way too powerful in the secondary. *Second and third tier corners with exceptional cover ability detract from the experience. *Yes, I play on All-Madden, but it’s the game mode that does make you pay for mistakes, and makes you think more strategically. *However, the reaction time slider does not seem to work anymore (set at 0, and still allows for psychic defender and impossible deflections through the animations) , and the pass coverage slider is iffy.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »