Home

Sports Games Need Effective Community Managers

This is a discussion on Sports Games Need Effective Community Managers within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #9
Pro

Soundwave_8177's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sports Games Need Effective Community Managers

How do i post

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #10
Pro

Soundwave_8177's Arena

I was wondering why i cant seem to post on. It saying i need at least 5 but where can i start. Should i just post here 5 times and cross my fingers.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #11
Pro

Soundwave_8177's Arena

How do i get permission to post on some topics

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #12
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave_8177
How do i get permission to post on some topics

You should be good to post or create a thread now i think
Old 08-27-2019, 09:59 AM   #13
Banned

agreed on all of this
Old 11-08-2019, 11:38 PM   #14
Rookie

I bought NBA2K and again... wow!!! The new controls (new to me) are overwhelming. Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire The suggestion I would have to the OP and his brother is to play practice mode or even 'play now' against the AI and simply pick to things to learn. Maybe it's post moves and layups. I don't know. But ignore everything else. Don't worry about trying to win the game.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:53 AM   #15
Banned

I get something new on every answer. but This topic is really interesting and good for people who want to make their carrier on sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2020, 11:56 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
What they really need is to go back to making strategy guides that explain everything in detail. Madden haven't had made a strategy guide in years. UFC game been even longer since they made one. The rest of the sports games never had them. But yeah, that is what they need, actual strategy guides.

I remember the Madden, NCAA Football and UFC strategy guides back in the day that told you how to do everything you needed to know in the game. All the new controls, all the new features in depth, along with a breakdown of each team. I have yet to see a "good" community manager for any game period. All the current ones all they do is talk to the biggest Twitch streamers and Youtubers ONLY. If you not one of those, then you get ignored. They not in the habit of interacting outside of follow 5 different things just for a chance for receiving a game code.

But once the game actually comes out......the community managers, much like the EA Game Changers go ghost mode. You don't see them again other then to tweet a new patch was release. That is about all you going to get out of them until next years game rolls around.

Yea no need for strat guides when you have social media and the internets. Companies just post game manuals right on their site. Cheaper. Users will always post their strats on games in forums.

Game guides helped for single player/offline modes and sports games have been going the opposite direction.

Community managers would be great but game development has a short down period before they move on from that years release and are focused on the next year release. Most of it would boil down to "X and X doesn't work, is this being addressed".

We would get back either "no answer", "its being looked at" or "future patch". After 2 or 3 months after release, what are they going to say "no its not being addressed, our focus is on next years release at the moment, if it can be taken care off, then maybe". lol

There would be only so much they can say for a certain time frame

Last edited by delspf; 01-13-2020 at 12:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »