Home

Traditional Sports Gaming is Threatened by Microtransactions

This is a discussion on Traditional Sports Gaming is Threatened by Microtransactions within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2019, 12:53 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
They are totally missing the add-on market place $s available from solo-sim gamers. Purchases of additional stadiums, uniforms, schedules, historical teams, historical equipment etc. etc would most certainly top the after sale revenues they are now generating from a select few ---- Sell to the masses what the masses want and that is add-on purchases for offline games!
Old 01-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3
Threatened? That ship sailed YEARS ago. It's over.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm not blaming a company for including an option to advance faster in their games. The fault lies with the users who buy in every year. I played UT in Madden one year (maybe '15) just to see what it was about. I could easily see the appeal of playing and unlocking better players. But it became boring because it feels more like work than a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »