Home

It is Time to Answer the Question: Should You Join an Online League?

This is a discussion on It is Time to Answer the Question: Should You Join an Online League? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
It is Time to Answer the Question: Should You Join an Online League?

It was 2009 and I had just purchased a PS3 along with my favorite game (NBA...

Written By: Scott Funk

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2019, 01:14 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
I have been in Scott Funk’sNBA2K Leagues for 3 years now. The experience has been a ton of fun and Scott and his admin team do a great job of making the league as realistic and immersive as possible. I implore everyone who’s interested in nba 2k leagues to contact mister Funk’s discord profile*
Old 01-05-2019, 05:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: It is Time to Answer the Question: Should You Join an Online League?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21792
I have been in Scott Funk’sNBA2K Leagues for 3 years now. The experience has been a ton of fun and Scott and his admin team do a great job of making the league as realistic and immersive as possible. I implore everyone who’s interested in nba 2k leagues to contact mister Funk’s discord profile*
does each ai player on a roster controlled by a user carry their own personalities, like in an offline franchise.

say if I have a player like Anthony Davis on my roster and I know he will not re-sign or wants a trade, that would allow a more realistic scenario where other user controlled teams would put a package together to facilitate a trade.
does things like this happen in online leagues
Old 01-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
does each ai player on a roster controlled by a user carry their own personalities, like in an offline franchise.

say if I have a player like Anthony Davis on my roster and I know he will not re-sign or wants a trade, that would allow a more realistic scenario where other user controlled teams would put a package together to facilitate a trade.
does things like this happen in online leagues
Yes, player personality plays a big role in online leagues. Your example is a perfect one because AD was traded to the Lakers in season 2 of our league. The Pelicans realized they weren’t going to resign AD and decided to trade him to the Lakers for Ball, Ingram and picks. It was a trade that took days to complete as the rumors between the 2 teams as a match were gaining steam.

Online leagues are the same as offline franchises except that you are netogtiating with a real life person. Teams are in different stages and you hope both teams realize their stage correctly.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #5
Just started!

Yo where can I join a league? I've been playing for years and wanna try online. Help thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #6
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

I love online leagues. Play in a Madden league and have done so now for almost 10 years. Great fun with 32 other players.

Use to run with 10 people in NCAA online dynasty.

My dream though is for NHL to bring back an online league. But I'm not holding my breath or ever buying the game again until they do (or at least dramatically update and improve offline franchise).
Old 01-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #7
Rookie

ssx95351's Arena

OVR: 6
I run a league and have been doing it since Madden introduced the feature. I think it's a great feature in any sports game. Even though Madden is far from perfect, it has allowed me to get to know folks I would otherwise never have met and with EA's app and my love for coding and design I've been able to expand the online franchise for my league beyond the console.
http://www.2kolf.com
Old 01-15-2019, 09:04 PM   #8
Rookie

binga30's Arena

ssx that site is amazing, great job!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »