Home

Why You Should Give Fire Pro Wrestling World a Chance

This is a discussion on Why You Should Give Fire Pro Wrestling World a Chance within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Why You Should Give Fire Pro Wrestling World a Chance

FIre Pro Wrestling World 1 Fire Pro Wrestling World was released to the world back in...

Written By: Brandon Kosal

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 01:01 AM   #2
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Got this a week back and I'm very pleasantly surprised how great it is!* Love the fact that you can download wrestlers and now add custom entrance music for 40 wrestlers...even on ps4.**

The actual gameplay and fighting is awesome!
Old 05-24-2019, 07:21 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35
I haven't been a wrestling fan since the early 90's, but I was watching Netflix's GLOW the summer that this game came out and figured I would give it a shot, plus I like supporting indie sports game developers, especially those games with lots of customization options. The customization is truly amazing and the ability to share everything just makes it even better. As a non-wrestling fan, I couldn't really get into the gameplay, but I'm guessing true wrestling fans would love it. Don't let the antiquated graphics deter you - it really is an outstanding game.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why You Should Give Fire Pro Wrestling World a Chance

You can absolutely play triple threat or fatal 4-way matches through Battle Royal mode, works just like it should.

I love the game honestly, although I will say that the PC version is light years better than the PS4 version. The workshop is so much easier, allowing you to download entire collections at once, and there are just so many more CAWs available. And then there are the mods.....
Old 05-24-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I remember having this game on my Super Nintendo back in the day when it was called "Super Fire Pro Wrestling" and on my PS1 when it was called "Fire Pro Wrestling: Iron Slam '96" and on my PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
How does this compare to No Mercy which was the last wrestling game I really played heavily. Like another poster I haven't been into* wrestling since the early 2000's but for some reason this game just seems really interesting to me.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4
How can one download the custom music?
Old 05-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #8
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7

Royce it's not really comparable to No Mercy in my opinion. The grapples and timing are completely different, and reversals are mostly random in Fire Pro, frequently happening when you attempt bigger moves, especially early in the match.

For me it's just a really fun pace, with a surprisingly huge number of moves available. I also can't stress enough how cool it is to have a virtually unlimited roster at your disposal. This one creator on PC that I follow has like 800+ edits, all of which you can download in their entirety in just a couple of minutes. If you have the choice, get the PC version, trust me.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »