Home

OS Roundtable: Do You Have Confidence in Next-Gen Sports Game Launches?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Do You Have Confidence in Next-Gen Sports Game Launches? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
OS Roundtable: Do You Have Confidence in Next-Gen Sports Game Launches?

Roundtable Question: WWE 2K20 was another rocky launch for sports games in 2019, do you have...

Written By: Operation Sports

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
No. The trend this entire generations has shown that buying games on release day is a waste of time and money. Games end up being completely different from when it was released after a couple of months. By the time games are playable in the way it should have been at release, the games are probably half priced by then. Madden, for example, will leave you frustrated because we end up having to start a whole new franchise to take advantage of updates that should have been in the game initially.*
Old 11-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Why people still pre order games now is beyond me. *The ony way I would even consider it is if the game has a demo, and that still doesn't guarantee the game will be finished on release day. *Plus most games are on sale a month or less after release anyway. *
Old 11-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm not, because usually it's the third iteration of a sports game that it starts to play well enough to notice any difference between it and the past generation's game.**
Old 11-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #5
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

Re: OS Roundtable: Do You Have Confidence in Next-Gen Sports Game Launches?

thing im most worried about is that whenever sports games leap into the next gen they take away soo many features and do it all over again and wait at least a few iterations for features to comeback. I really hope that's not the case again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
Rookie

ToughJuice's Arena

Launch? None of these companys have done anything that should instill any confidence in anyone.*
Old 11-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #7
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
All we get is a graphic upgrade, nothing more. Probably with the same legacy bugs. No confidence. That's why backward compatibility is so important.* I still can't see how boxing missed a whole console generation?

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 11-04-2019, 04:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: OS Roundtable: Do You Have Confidence in Next-Gen Sports Game Launches?

Not even a little bit. We have gone from having choices in the major sports to having one pro football, zero college football, one hockey, one baseball (if you are lucky) and one basketball game. Not surprisingly, there is such little innovation that I do not buy any of the sports games on an annual basis anymore (as compared to when I would buy multiple games for the same sport). We are well into the dark days of sports gaming, and, with the focus on online and card modes (and the technology acting as a bar to entry for smaller developers), things are likely to get worse rather than better. I really cannot see myself buying the next generation console.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »