Home

Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal

This is a discussion on Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 11-11-2019, 09:49 PM   #9
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
I do believe that not all screen time is equal. IMO there is a big difference between screen time of playing a sports video game from something like that fortnite or any other of this shootem up games, where your killing people, zombies or whatever.
I dont think any kid, should sit in front of a TV or computer screen all day, regardless what it is their playing. But sports games, and simulator games, like truck simulator, or Farm Simulator that my brother and I both play, because we farm IRL, are alot better and safer on a kid, than those killing games.

My 12 yr old niece, who likes to play that fortnite, and war games, her attitude changes, when my brother allows her to play more often, she gets mouthy with him, and she dont listen, when he says to shut it off, and come eat, or shut it off, because time is up.* She throws a fit, like nothing I have seen before. Its all he can do, to keep from beating her silly, with how bad she gets, when she plays those games.*
Ive never seen anything like it, when she isnt allowed to play the PS4, she has a Ipad in her face watching videos. I know some of it is due to her parents getting divorced, and living with me half the time, but she is just plain lazy, her 4 yr old sister, can outwork her, she is always out in the shop wanting to help work on or clean tractors. Her mom is dirty and lazy, so she obviously gets it from her. But I blame alot of it on these dang video games, and just the crap they teach in school now days, along with everything they do at school is on a computer.

I use to think it was just nonsense, when people were saying, there was something in TV screens, that was brainwashing our kids, and changing their brain, basically dumbing them down. But now that I have seen it with my own eyes, I believe it 100%.* Sad thing, is I know there is alot of kids, even worse than my niece, because there is alot of bad parenting out there, where they give their kids power and control. As my Grandparents use to say, a kid is to be seen not heard, and boy is that true, lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »