Home

OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #17
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
I used to play every year's release but became stale when NHL 2K tanked and EA's very unrealistic and focused more on stupid online games. Now, my last NHL was 19 but before that was 17. NBA 2k 16 was my last. Every year i buy the MLBTS i alternate being a pitcher or batter.*
But the one that really "stole my hours" was CH2k8...man that was a deep game...how i wish the current gen sports games could be like this deep.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:58 PM   #18
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB The Show...every day

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 11-21-2019, 12:10 PM   #19
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?

I become more and more disinterested in gaming year by year. I don't know if I have grown out of them or if the quality just isn't the same. The graphics sure are cute, but I just see less value these days for the initial money one lays down on a game.

Maybe it is the microtransactions that have made me lose interest.

Overall, I just feel like more developers pump more time into modes that will make them money, featuring microtransactions, and I suppose I can't blame them. They are trying to maximize profits.

I just miss games of old. The last NBA 2K video game that I truly loved, the one that I think is the all-time greatest basketball game ever made, is NBA 2K11.

I thought 2K20 could overtake it. How wrong I was.

Madden feels so stale to me.

Sorry, I'm long-winded. I lose interest in modern sports games so quickly because I wind up wondering where all the depth is. They don't feel as immersive as they once did.

I still can't believe, over fifteen years later, Madden's presentation isn't anywhere close to NFL 2K5.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #20
Just started!

Re: OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?

You can add a new dimension to Madden 16-20 changing the view to sideline aka Tecmo Bowl. I feel you run better in that perspective. Put it on practice mode and train running one play over and over again.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:29 PM   #21
Rookie

Ok, I am currently playing NCAA FB 12, Madden NFL 12, College Hoops 2k8, NBA 2k18(and up until the summer I had been playing 2k13) all on the 360. And for context, I played Madden NFL 06 and NCAA FB 06 for about 4 calender years until I got a 360 in 2010.

For me, I can recycle sports games because of dynasty mode. and I extend the life by only playing the game when the real season is ongoing. So each offseason, I try my best to edit NCAA FB to get a good projected draft class, and to get a fair real roster for the upcoming season. I take the draft class into madden and try to atleast manipulate trades so that atleast the top draft picks end up on their real teams. When I was playing 2k13, I would create draft classes and then force trades to get the rosters realistic. Thats the same thing I am doing with 2k18. Now for college hoops it has been atleast 2 or 3 yrs since I was able to download a roster file. Prior to that I was all over the forums here when the fellas were cranking out amazing CH2k8 rosters year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2019, 02:35 AM   #22
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
right now, i'm starting to keep the better playing sports games since they really don't change all that much from year to year......with roster sharing, you can keep a game alive for some time with some great up-to-date rosters (and classic rosters). mlb the show 17 and nba 2k19 right now for me.....the show 17 for the editable season mode/retro mode and 2k19 still works for me for the time being. madden 20 for me now but man,* it is horrible at changing anything from year to year....we FINALLY have roster sharing with it but nothing new other than that. no historic teams, no create-a-team,* no arcade style mode (tecmo bowl mode, please), nothing. they added pro bowl teams (about time) but they aren't editable at all.*
Old 12-01-2019, 03:14 AM   #23
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
on a side note, just thinking that madden 20 can really capitalize on the NFL 100 year celebration by adding the NFL 100 all-time team to the game as dlc.....(and NOT just to madden ultimate team). would be great to add these legends to the game to use as we want. maybe divide them into two separate teams (of 50 each) with some throwback pro bowl uniforms or something like that. maybe red/blue unis with the NFL 100 logo on the helmets.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #24
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
the old games had offline modes you caould play forever and never get old. The Jordan Challenge, The Lebron Greatest mode and the NBA Greatest, create a legend etc... The modes now are boring and just looting your wallet.* So to answer the question, I'd say, I play these games in quick spurts now with friends, that's about it. Maybe on the weekend. I get bored wiht most sports games within a few weeks time. That was unheard of back in the day.*

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »